Chapter 8 | Noah

It smells like citrus-scented dishwashing liquid. Whoever this woman I brought last night is, she needs to change her perfume or her body wash for that matter.

"Aly, have someone come in to change the sheets later." Ugh, this damn headache.

"Yellow Lord Noah of the Wasteland! What else can I do for you today? I swear if this woman's not my cousin I've already fired her ages ago. She's annoying most days. "Hmm, what did you bring home this time?" Pity, she's the only one who can handle my personality. 

"I'm pretty sure she's a person but I may be mistaken 'cause she badly smells of a dishwashing liquid." 

She chuckles loudly—that annoying tone she uses to make fun of me. "That's refreshing! No pun intended. A great upgrade from the fish sauce last week." I must admit it's me who sometimes find it hard to handle her personality. "Don't forget my coffee and the cleaner. I'm hanging up."

I look back at the sleeping creature, woman, at the bed. I should really be more picky of my night escapades. Sooner or later my Dad or Mom will find out I use their apartment here to do stuffs that are obviously not to be proud of. Worst they'll have to sell it even if Mom hates all the hassle.

Her breathing pattern says she's awake. I better make it clear before she gets any ideas. "Here, use this to do whatever. Leave ten minutes after I do. Don't linger or you'll be escorted out." I say as I throw a couple of bills on the nightstand. She doesn't answer back, still pretending to be asleep. Whatever. She's not worth my time anymore.

It's has only been a little over a month since I got back in the country but I already regret going back already. The girls here are not as attractive and if they are, they're boring. What's the use of being hot and pretty if they don't even know how to have fun? 

All I wanted is a life full of excitement and I almost had it, until that old man threatened me with his life telling me he's sick and dying. Being the good son that I am, I didn't think twice before booking the earliest flight back only to find out he's just messing with me. What a complete asshole. 

I forgave him of course, after having a heart-to-heart talk with him and Mom. I was happy again, thought I can go back to where I came from after but he just had to do that damn Gala. It was supposed the last thing I had to do for him before he can let me go but who was I kidding? No matter how powerful you think you are, you are nothing compared to your parents. If not for his friend's daughter who has been eyeing me since she arrived, I've called it quits already and ran away.

Well, her and Kyle Mayers. I love how his names rolls in my tongue. A cute little dear who has trouble controlling his mouth. The moment I laid my eyes on him, I knew I had to do everything to talk to him again, make it my duty to have him melt under me. I've never seen him before but his parents are popular in the circle so as his group of friends so it took me no effort to get his number. His father, Axon Mayers, was the most helpful.

My excitement arose more when he tried running away from me. He's cute and stubborn, not my usual cup of tea, hey it doesn't hurt to try something new. New country, new kind of thrill. I just have to go after him and find something that can connect us.

My phone vibrates from my pocket, pulling me out of my reverie. 

Meeting at 1:00 PM 

I had to move to this freaking city just to deal with this. What a pain in the ass. I'm pretty sure Dad bought this fail of a company just to make me stay here in the guise of helping him out handle a new business. He could've hired anyone to look into this.