Chapter 7 | Casually

I'm never trusting Lotus again. We were only supposed to watch a Drag Show last night but we ended up going to three clubs. Let's not even mention those twin who ditched me; they even have the audacity to call themselves my best friends?

"Dad and Papa are going to the orphanage today. Are you coming with?" Hailey asks by the door of my room. I'm envious of how fresh she looks.

"No, I'm losing my soul here."

I hear no response but I feel her sit beside me on my bed. "You'll feel better after drinking coffee, come on." 

It's not that I didn't want to meet my siblings but my hangover is seriously killing me. I can't even bare to lift my eyelids. "No, I really can't."

She said 'Got it' but how the heck did I end up here? I'm pretty sure I was begging for my life. Then why— "Good day Sir! What can I get for you?"

"One large-sized coffee please." Why am I in front of the cashier, paying for a Large coffee and making my way to the stool beside the window? "I'm going to make her pay for this."

The orphanage's just around the corner. Paper stuffs take awhile and they decided I'm not a good role-mode for the kids so they sent me out. Now what's the point of accompanying them?

"I've been searching hell for you and look where fate brought me today." Oh shit. Tell me I'm just hearing things because of my hangover. "Had a long night, I see." Who am I kidding? This voice can only belong to one person—Noah Millers.

"Hey." Very smooth Kyle, very smooth.

He smiles and casually sits across me. Look at the confidence, it's annoyingly attractive. "I heard your parents are adopting. Congratulations."

This is so awkward. "Thanks." He smiles and just let the atmosphere fall silent. I can't help but break it with my Level 2 awkwardness. "So....why are you here?"

He shrugs. "I already told you. I've been looking for you."

Of course I heard that. I just didn't want to think too much about it but hey the devil got other plans. "Why?" No! Don't ask him why! Just be cool. Gosh, Kyle Mayers, such an embarrassment. "No, I, you don't have to answer that. I know why and I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt you that night. I don't know how to make up for it so just tell me what you want."

I dare to peek at him. Heck, he's really hot and I hate myself for admitting it. 

He leans closer. "Anything I want?"

That question is dangerous. I have to be careful. "A-anything doable, something I can for sure do for you."

"So anything?" He's pushing me to a corner and I don't even have it in me to fight back. "Ye-yes, anything.........that I can do."

"Work for me."

"O-What? Um, can you—"

"I heard you're going to start your internship after Winter Break. I've seen your CV. You're qualified so work for me."

I'm suddenly getting dizzy. He can't mean that, can he? I wouldn't even dare work for my family. Well he's not family but still. "No, can't do, Mr. Millers. I'd rather get hired through my own effort."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "I'm offering this because I know you have the skills. Even if we're fucking each other, I wouldn't hire you if you have a shitty background."

Wow Lotus sure is vulgar but Noah Millers can definitely compete for the title. "But—"

"You have few more days to think about it. Call me when you decided." Suddenly, he's gone.