Episode 1.5

Leana led the way, following Qui-Gon's directions to find the exit of the cave. Lumina, Lucas, and Ben hurried after her, glancing over their shoulders to ensure the wampa wasn't behind them.

Finally, Leana saw a bright white expanse ahead of her, differing from the duller ice inside the cave. Lumina pointed, noticing it at the same time she did. "There. The exit."

The four quickened their pace and came to a stop at the mouth of the cave. Narrowing their eyes against the blindingly white snow, the four stared at the broad expanse.

"Whoa," Leana breathed. "It's Hoth."

"What now?" Lumina asked, her hands on her hips. "I mean, I know we need to find Luke and join the Alliance, but how do we get from here to there?"

"Master Jinn didn't seem to feel a need to divulge those steps," Ben said dryly. "But we have a wampa somewhere behind us and nothing but snow ahead. We have to figure this out quickly."

"I don't think we even have that luxury," Lucas commented. "Mr. Monster has caught up with us."

The other three whirled around. Indeed, a hairy beast was making his way up the cave path towards them, increasing his speed on realizing they had seen him.

"Run!" Leana yelled, taking off. Lumina, Ben, and Lucas dashed after her, and she had never seen them run so fast. Then again, there was a bloodthirsty wampa after them. If that wasn't incentive, Leana didn't know what was.

The snow gave way slightly under their feet, crunching as they raced across the expanse. The wampa roared behind them and when Leana glanced back, he was chasing after them.

"He's following!" Ben said, his voice rising.

"Keep running!" Leana barked.

The four crested a tall snowbank and slid down the other side. As soon as they reached the bottom, Leana grabbed Lumina's and Ben's arms and forced them back up onto their feet.

"We have to keep going," Leana ordered. "Lose the wampa, then find Skywalker."

"Got it," Lucas panted.

The four took off again. A glance behind them told Leana the wampa was descending the snowbank. Snow was beginning to fall.

"We can't...run...forever," Lumina gasped. "Lee...ana, we –"

"I know," Leana replied shortly. "Save your breath."

A snowbank loomed before them across the flat snow plain, too tall to climb in a hurry. Leana glanced quickly to either side of her but saw the same thing. They had no other way to escape the valley.

They were trapped.

"Leana!" Lucas wailed. "What are we going to do?"

"Exactly as I tell you," Leana ordered. "Ben, spit out everything you know about the wampa."

"Carnivorous, thick coats to resist the cold, nasty claws, packs a strong wallop," Ben recited. "Tends not to like lightsabers."

"Good thing we're fresh out of those!" Lumina pointed out.

"Guys," Lucas said warningly.

"Wampa packs are a thing," Ben continued, ignoring the two.

"Guys," Lucas repeated, with more force this time.

"What, Lucas?" Leana demanded, spinning to face him. Lucas pointed in the direction they had come.

"Where did the wampa go?" he asked.

Leana turned and scanned the white plain. Lucas was right – there was no wampa to be seen.

"Oh, yeah," Ben said. "Did I mention they are great at camouflage and can blend in with their natural habitat?"