Chapter Eight

Haru
I sighed in exhaustion as I entered my car, wet from the water Hanabi dumped on me but my mind wondered off to what Tomoki had told me.

Takato Tomoki was actually Akio's son. Akio's illegitimate child.

I don't know why but the thought of Yuki carrying another alpha's child made me jealous, possessive and angry but I had no right.

I was married even though I never wore a ring to prove it and Yuki could never be mine even if I was unmarried.

It was like this world had decided he could never be mine but everything he told me didn't add up.

I felt there was more truth to what he was telling me because he never told me why he didn't want Akio to know.

I took a copy of a picture of Yuki and his son that the detective had gotten for me.

Yuki was probably eighteen years old in this picture with his hair shorter than now and his son, two years old then on his thigh as they sat on the swing.

Yuki looked tired but he was smiling and had the most sincere look on his face when holding his son who looked a lot like him.

I don't why but I felt this urge to protect them, to claim both of them as mine and to love them.

The fact that little Tomoki's eyes looked very familiar and similar to mine made me feel happy even if I was not his father, I could still be an important figure in his life because Akio is my brother.

I knocked on the door of a very fancy and expensive apartment before the door opened and Akio pulled me inside the house.

Akio looked like he just woke up from a long nap as he scratched his stomach and messed more with his shaggy hair.

He had grown wild over the years with his parents disowning him because he used to date a male alpha who worked in a brothel.

He was intelligent, hardworking and responsible but then his way of living made it hard for people to believe he was actually a multi-billionaire like myself who owns about seven catering organizations and three cooking high schools all over the world.

"Are you just waking up?" I asked before he yawned and then nodded before walking into the kitchen to make dinner.

"Usually you chase me anywhere but home so what did I do this time? Get an omega pregnant?" He joked before laughing but I remained silent before his laughter slowly died down.

"Wait, did I really do that? I knew I should have given that omega pills last week." He joked again before saw I had a serious expression and paused in the meal he was making.

"When was the last time you saw Yuki Tomoki?" I asked before he kept silent and then started to calculate.

"You might not like the answer." He responded before sighing. "Saw him a few months after he left school for good. He seemed tired and sick but he was okay, then also during his parents funeral and last year Christmas."

"Why didn't you tell me anything after knowing I was searching for him?"

"He said he didn't want anyone to know where he was. Plus he was having a hard time along with his family and knowing you who had a crush on him like the size of the universe, you would chase him tail to tail." He explained before I looked at him in confusion.

"Did you and Tomoki ever go out?" I asked before he placed some dishes on the table then he looked at me wearily.

"Why do you ask Haru? There's something not adding up." He said before I sighed and then looked at him.