Back Again

In a small, cozy-looking bedroom, silence was broken into half by the agitating sounds of an alarm clock, followed by angry slamming- possibly someone trying to reach out for the snooze button.

Ralph rose from the sheets- as he noticed he's been sleeping half naked. He looked down at his shorts, then stood up from the bed, lazily walking towards his closet.

He seemed quite cranky- even crankier than when he was forced to wake up. The fact that he needed to see everyone from that damned island drove him crazy.

"Fuck." He let the word slip out his breath, throwing the closet door open. He briskly grabbed the uniform which was neatly on one of the racks, making everything else near the uniform fall down obnoxiously.

"Fuck-" He let out this word again, as he went to the mirror. It was a fullbody, lengthy mirror. He proceeded to take his shorts off, then kick his socks off.

Ralph threw the button up shirt on, leaving the two buttons near the collar open. Then he slid on the vest, along with wearing the slacks. He finished by wearing his necktie.

Glancing at himself in the mirror, he saw a somewhat fragile, sad and scared blonde boy. He immediately got revolted at the thought of being tender, as he glared into the mirror and stood up straight.

He wanted to be strong again, he didn't want to be intimidated by Jack or anyone ever.

"RALPH!" His father called downstairs, as Ralph briefly found another pair of socks and rushed outside.

-

"Ralph, stay strong. Have a good day at school."
He got dropped off, as he somewhat shyly walked towards the gate of his school.

Many people glanced at him- some were confused about his absence since he missed school for about a month. Therapy, recovery of his anxiety- and time to prepare.

Some questioned if he was 'The Goldie' from the island. It was a big issue, but Ralph didn't understand why everyone was suddenly calling him 'Golden boy' or 'Goldie.'

Ralph furrowed his brows softly, walking to his locker. His leather boots made a clacking noise against the marbled floor.

He timidly opened his locker, hoping nobody paid no mind about his presence- wanting to be ignored.

Ralph grabbed a few books out while checking himself on a small mirror hanging from the inner door of his locker.

He noticed his messy hair, and then noticed someone approaching him.

At first he ignored it, but then noticed they were approaching even closer. Ralph briskly turned, agitated if someone would go up to him and make fun of his nickname, 'Golden boy' or whatever. "What the hell do you want?" Ralph turned around as he said angrily.

He looked up, seemingly the other person was taller, and then internally gasped.

He glared up, as he was now standing face to face with the Jack Merridew. He was quite the same, though his skin had been slightly tanned- barely noticeable. His chin and arms were scarred, as Ralph flinched, noticing that these were his fault.

"Wow, nice way to greet a friend." Jack frowned at Ralph, who was still glaring at him.

"You're not my friend." Ralph said, standing quite sturdy.