Warmth

Jack sat up from his bed, looking at the digital clock placed on his nightstand. He scoffed, waiting for it to be 7:30. He was invited to a 'dumbass' party as he stated- and he overheard that Ralph might be there.

He didn't feel nice about attending the party at all, but he might as well since Ralph was there.

"What the fuck?" He scoffed, standing up abruptly.
Jack was angry, maybe a little bit, since he knew Ralph didn't like a single bit of his company.
Jack felt- upset.

The doorknob of his room turned abruptly.
"What the hell, Jack?" His sister looked inside, as Jack stared.

"I'm 'zorry." Jack unintentionally slurred his words, as his sister gave him a look at shut the door.

Jack glanced at himself in the mirror. He saw;
A tall ginger boy. Red, messy locks of hair.
He was wearing a navy polo shirt with black jeans.
He seemed- prepared for something.

He turned around, to see that it was 7:42.

"Oh, shit." He frisked his skateboard, conviniently resting on the wall.

"I'M LEAVING... for.." Jack squinted.
"FOR GROCERIES!" He yelled, as he dashed outside.

-

Ralph stood on the pavement, waiting for Simon. He rubbed his nose a bit, fingers shyly poking out the sleeves of his white sweater. Ralph messed with his hair, closing his eyes.

Then, he heard a small ring. He looked around, only to see Simon heading towards Ralph while riding his bike.

"Fancy transportation you got there." Ralph joked, as Simon laughed.

"You better get on." Simon said, as Ralph hugged him from the back, getting on the seat behind Simon's. It was attached as a custom- close to Simon's seat. It seemed nice.

They started down the road, as Simon speeded. From behind, Ralph could see his wrists decorated with black and brown bracelets. All leather.

The wind breezed, as Simon asked how Ralph was doing behind him.
"I'm doing just fine- actually, this is really nice."
Ralph hugged Simon a bit harder, as Simon winced and smiled.

-

It was fancily- a backyard party. A more mature one than just a teenage house party, Ralph thought.
He got off Simon's bike while Simon secured it to one of the poles outside.

"This is a little- unexpected for Aiden Lockheart." Simon squinted, as he laughed it off.

Ralph looked at Simon. "So what now?" He asked.

"Errr.." Simon thought. "We'll just catch up to each other." He said.

"Ok, how've you been?" Ralph asked, laughing.
"Pretty good." Simon said. "What about you?"

Ralph's smile suddenly faded away.

I was scared.

I wanted to die.

I missed you.

I'm afraid you'll be hurt again.

I don't want to be hurt again.

I'm too worried.

Please,

"I'm doing pretty fine, too." Ralph gulped, smiling.
He rubbed his arm, fluttering his eyelashes very subtly while looking down.

"Are you sure? You looked a bit scared for a second."
Simon asked.

"Yea, I just have a bit of social anxiety." Ralph made up a small lie, although that probably wasn't one.

"Don't worry, you know you can just talk to me if you need company." Simon smiled.

Ralph's expression melted, as he felt his heart dropping for a second.
That feeling when you're on a rollercoaster, and then you suddenly drop under a few feets. It was like that.

"Dork." Simon placed a hand on Ralph's head, as he messed with his hair shortly.
"Stoppit, Simon." Ralph scoffed, as he then laughed.

-

Jack jumped off of his skateboard, carrying it to the backyard and placing it at a corner with a few boxes.
He looked around, noticing a few of his friends.

He didn't feel like talking to them somehow, but forced himself to walk up to them and start a conversation.

They were laughing, and chatting for awhile.
Jack turned around a second to take a small break, but he saw Ralph.

'What a fucking coincidence.' Jack thought, as he didn't move his expression at all.
He didn't want to look like he was all over the other boy.

But this time, something unexpected happened.

Ralph smiled at Jack. It was pretty subtle, but Jack could feel the warmth in his smile.

'You better not.' Jack warned himself, but he could feel his ear a little hot.
He looked somewhere else, baffled, and flustered.

Nothing Jack did seemed to thrill Ralph, but only a small smile from Ralph made Jack's face red.

-

Author's Note
Hey everyone. This chapter had been updated pretty quickly, and I'm planning to upload a few more chapters before I take a small break.
Please stay tuned for more chapters!
The next few chapters might have a little physical contact or tension. ;)
:,,,,,,)*