Pressure

Ralph woke up from his bed, realizing that he might've overslept. Quickly- he checked his phone.
The time was 6:30 AM. It felt weird suddenly, that he had woken up in time but it seemed to be late.

He stood up, feeling a bit lightheaded for a few seconds, and then walked to his door to head towards the bathroom.

He suddenly squinted, reminding himself of Lockheart's party. It was fun and all, but everytime he tried forgetting about Jack, the image found its way back to Ralph's vision. Stronger.

Ralph put his hand under the running tapwater- the cold rush making him wake up a bit.

He brushed his teeth, washed his face, did what he needed to do. Now he walked back into his room, got dressed, and left for school.

-

Simon was around the main gates of the school, seemingly waiting for Ralph. "Hey!" Simon mouthed, waving his hand.

Ralph smiled a bit, rushing over quickly.
"Hi." He said, adjusting his backpack.

"How was your weekend?" Simon asked, as the two prolonged the conversation.

-

Ralph felt something weird. It was like the first day ever since the island incident, but this time, it felt worse.

He glanced at groups of girls and boys looking at him, snickering and whispering.
"Hey Simon, I feel like everyone's laughing at me." Ralph frowned, looking away from the groups of people, embarrassed at something that he didn't even know about.

"Ignore them, they're rude." Simon glared at one of the students staring, as they looked away quickly.

"Alright." Ralph said, flinching at the bell ringing.

"I'm heading off to class, I'll see you at lunch!" Simon smiled, holding up his thumb. Ralph waved.

Simon kept looking at Ralph while waving, walking backwards. Ralph let out a small chuckle when Simon almost tripped over.

-

Ralph walked towards the hallway, finding his assigned locker. He tried to ignore the students like Simon told him.

He was about to shut his locker door, when he heard someone yelling,

"Heeeeeey Goldie!"

Ralph almost jumped, as he frowned. He didn't turn around. He knew the voice- it was one of the senior cheerleader girls. The girl who was standing at the bathroom doorway Ralph was rushing out of.

"Is it true that you and Merridew made out in the bathroom at Lockheart's party?" She giggled, as some other people surrounded in interest.

Ralph stood there, eyes wide open. He was facing the inner sides of his locker, almost tearing up. Why did all of this need to happen to him?
What did he do so wrong?

"Come on, turn around and tell us!" She yelled again, making kissy noises behind Ralph. He was extremely embarrassed, as he didn't know how to endure the emotion.