Talk to me, About your Insecurities

A bit of very subtle physical contact.

-

"Yea man, practice's going pretty good." Jack replied, after one of his friends had asked him how his choir practice was going.

He looked around a bit briefly, before a sharp ring on the speakers beside him. He let out a small whimper, wincing.

"The fuck?" He looked around. "Okay." He grunted.

"Hey everyone, uh, go inside," Aiden, the boy who hosted the party said loudly. Everyone stared, then some people started cheering.

"Get the hell inside, everything's inside." He said again, jumping down the outdoor plastic table he was standing on.

Surprisingly, a lot of people rushed inside, as if they've been waiting for it. Jack's friends offered to go inside, as he was slightly forced to go inside.

It was pretty cliche- disco ball on the ceiling, and the typical 'rich kid mansion-like' house. Everyone was enjoying the moment, a house party in a friday night.

He wondered how Ralph was doing. Ralph seemed to be inside, as he saw him entering the house with Simon, but inbetween the crowd, he couldn't tell which blondie was the boy he was looking for.

Some girls walked nearby Jack and gave him small looks- looks of.. appreciation? Hopefully.

Jack scoffed, going back into conversation.

-

"Hey Simon, this is actually pretty neat." Ralph said, still holding Simon's arm.
"Yea, 'told you so." Simon looked around, as his cheeks were dusted in rainbow because of the reflection from the disco ball.

"I'll go for a drink, try to talk to some people. I'll catch up with you." Simon smiled at Ralph, as he nodded a bit anxiously.

Ralph walked around the people, pushing and pulling. He looked down, immediately regretting his decision of leaving Simon.
He looked around, and saw Jack, poking from the crowd. He wasn't very tall, but today, he seemed so.
Ralph walked towards Jack, literally the only person to talk to, and not just stand around like a loser.

"Hey." Jack noticed him first, as Ralph walked towards Jack.
"Uh, hi." Ralph looked at Jack. Jack was taller than Ralph, who was now looking subtly above.
"How are you doing?" Jack asked, looking away. He seemed baffled.
"Anxious, I don't like it when I'm alone in.." Ralph squinted. "A party."

"Who's with you?" Jack asked. Ralph looked.
"Simon, he brought me here." Ralph replied.

"Oh." Jack frowned dimly.
When Ralph said Simon's name, he felt like as if Ralph didn't prefer being around him. As if Simon was all that's enough for him. As if he himself was just not enough.

"Well, he left me so I figured I'd talk to someone." Ralph messed with his hair, as Jack smiled.
It was enough for him, that Ralph found his company best other than anyone. (Except Simon, dag nabbit.)

"You wanna talk for a bit, then?" Jack awkwardly asked, wanting Ralph to stay.
"Sure, that's what I'm here for." He smiled.
Jack felt his face heat up for a second, as he turned to touch his black- cold wristwatch with his cheeks.