Chapter 14

That moment when regular updates aren't even a thing for me
Wow I suck at updates I'm really sorry

-----------
Kristie's P.O.V
Staying with Ashton wasn't safe, none of this is safe.

I just watched Hook kill a Lost Boy without any hesitation, imagine what he could do to me. I can't put Ashton's life in danger. I need to leave and get somewhere far away from Pan's camp before I'm found.

"Ash" I said, walking up to him.

He looked up from the branch he was currently turning into a spear, giving me his full attention.

"I can't put your life in danger any longer, Hook and Pan are both looking for me and they are going to find me soon if I don't leave."

"I can just go with you" he said smiling.

"That's the thing" I said looking down "I don't want to risk your life any longer either."

"I can't let you go alone, please, just stay with me" he said with sad eyes.

"I'm really sorry, but I can't" I said before beginning to walk in another direction "good luck to you!" I called over my shoulder.

I heard Ashton mumble something until the sound of the rustling branches and crunching leaves became too loud for me to hear.

That was probably one of the most awkward goodbyes I've ever had.

I honestly have no idea where I'm going, I just need to get as far away from Pan's camp as possible. Right now I'm almost done going around the cluster of mountains that are in the center of the island.

As I was walking I came upon a giant tree. The tree was thick and intimating, it almost had no leaves, except for the few dead ones on the very end of the branches. The trunk was big and fat and each branch started thick towards the trunk then other small and thin branches branched out.

One thing was different about this tree, there was rope hanging from the thickest branch. It was a hanging rope.

"Hangmans tree" I whispered to myself.

I began to whisper the poem from Mockingjay.

"Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where they strung up a man they say murdered three.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight in the hanging tree.

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where the dead man called out for his love to flee.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight in the hanging tree.

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where I told you to run, so we'd both be free.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight in the hanging tree.

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Wear a necklace of rope, side by side with me.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight in the hanging tree."

I stared at the tree as a dead leaf fell, dancing its final dance in the air before softly falling and laying on the ground.

I began to climb up the tree before picking a thick branch to sit on. I looked out at the sunset, it was strange, this seemed to be one of the only places on the island that actually has sun light. Most of the island is covered in thick woods.

The sun was gold, casting a gold light upon my face. It felt good, feeling something that didn't feel like a nightmare.

I sat there, leaning my head against the trunk and humming the poem of one of my most beloved books. At that moment, everything felt okay.

-------------------------------------

As I was walking a heard something.

"Psst, psst" it said.

I kept looking around, trying to find the thing making the noise

"Over here you idiot"

I turned around to see Tink. She was leaning out from behind a tree.

"Oh my god" I said, hugging her, relief washing over me.

"I've missed you so much" she said. "You seem to be doing just fine" she added as she pulled away from our hug.

"Yeah I guess, at least I'm not around Pan anymore" I said, nervously chuckling.

"Well I can't be with you for too long, the little shit will know I've been gone for a while and come looking for me. " She said, rolling her eyes, "but I need to show you something."

Before I knew it we were in her little tree-house-hut thing.

"Can you please give me little warning next time you do that" I told her, blinking my eyes a couple of times till my vision became normal again.

She pulled out a book from her collection, turning around and handing it to me.

"I wrote down everything I wanted to tell you and show you in this book" she said, handing me the burgundy book.

I flipped through the pages filled with her hand writing, some of pages had pictures and signs drawn on them.

"I also have other books about this island and I have random lure on other things on this shelf" she said pointing to the white book case.

There were also other books that littered her home. It reminded me of my room.

"Stay here as long as you want" she said, turning around to look at me "I'll be checking in and out."

She went to give me a big hug.

Once we pulled away I thanked her "Tink, thank you so much. You have helped me so much I wish I could return the favor."

"No need sweetheart, I just wish the best for you, I'll talk to you later" she said, before giving me a quick hug.

"Thank you again" I whispered once we ended the hug.

------------

Okay so I had planned to do the whole mockingjay poem thing before the movie came out because I had read the books and I thought of hangmans tree from my Peter Pan map while read the stories so yeah.

Yes I used the poem word for word from the book Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins so all of the poem was written by her.

Thank you so much for reading!!
VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE XOXO