Half Moon

"Hah!" The simulated target didn't know what hit it as the column was split in half. The hologram flickered for a few moments before it exploded in a pile of pixels and disappeared.

Yeosang growled and cracked his whip as he caught a glimpse at his course time that popped up in the middle of the room in bright red letters. It was good, superb even, but not nearly at the level he wanted it to be. He walked over to the simulation panel and pressed a few buttons. Once the program was pulled up, he looked down at the difficulty slide bar and moved it all the way to the right.

"Simulation difficulty raised to level 10. Warning: proceed with caution." The young agent ignored the voice as he readied himself for the new obstacles. The back wall opened with a hiss and a plethora of white drones began to march out. Once the first few were a good distance, they launched themselves at their target.

The young brown haired male made quick work of the first few droids. He dodged their advances, a few of them dog piling onto the ground. He gave a quick flick of the wrist and watched in satisfaction as the weapon decapitated a droid, the sparks from the exposed wiring flickering for a moment before the body fell to the ground, unable to function.

"Yeosang!" The brunette made to launch his whip at another bot but his target chose that moment to deactivate and collapse to the ground. His weapon missed and ended up snapping the ground at the Maknae's feet.

"Gah!" Jongho cried out in alarm as he jumped back from the devastating weapon. "Are you trying to kill me!?"

"What are you doing here?" Yeosang huffed out, ignoring the other's question.

"We have that meeting today, remember?" The other groused as he walked towards the control panel. The simulation had automatically deactivated the moment Jongho had entered as a safety precaution. If the simulation was too difficult and the test subject is overwhelmed, the moment a third party entered, most likely an instructor, the simulation would be overridden and cease running. "Level 10? That's a team test. Forget trying to kill me. You're trying to kill yourself."

"I have to get better." Yeosang didn't even spare the other a look as he replied, his eyes were instead on his whip as he pressed a button on the handle that allowed it to contract. "Last night was an embarrassment."

"Well it wasn't ideal but it was our first time out in the field." Jongho shrugged casually.

"Besides, Seonghwa-hyung was there to help us."

"Doesn't that make you mad?" The other huffed while throwing his arms. "We are fully accredited agents. We don't need a babysitter!"

"He's not a babysitter," the younger defended. "He's more of a...teacher or something. Think of it as those guys that help you practice driving before you do it on your own." If looks could kill, Jongho would have been dead twice over.

"We shouldn't need our supervisor to come bail us out whenever we get in a slightly hairy situation." Yeosang shot back. "He isn't always going to be there and we need to be prepared."

"I know that." The younger quipped, "but do you really think getting yourself injured or worse in a training room is going to help?"

"Maybe you should do a little less criticizing and a little more training yourself." Yeosang fired back.

"Hey," Jongho threw his hands up in surrender. "I was just sent to get you. Don't shoot the messenger."

"Fine," the other sighed. "Just let me go change and then I'll be ready."