Sunrise

Seonghwa groaned as his eyes were assaulted by morning light. His head hurt from the few drinks he had last night and the call they had gotten. He finally had a day off before things started to heat up so, for the love of god could he just sleep in.

He made to cover his head with his pillow but it was no use, he was already awake. Frustrated, he threw his cushion to the end of the bed and rolled over. He reached blindly for his phone on the night stand and pulled it off the charger. He glanced at the time. 7:15. Great.

If he couldn't sleep, he might as well mess around for a little bit since he didn't feel like getting up. Sighing with no hope of ever getting a normal amount of rest, he unlocked his phone. He apparently hadn't closed an application last night and that was the first thing that greeted him. It was his contacts page and was still displaying the last contact he had added.

Kim Hongjoong
010-****-1998

Seonghwa bit his lip as he stared at the number. It was rather bold of him to ask for a victim's phone number. He kept telling himself that it was in case anything happened and to make sure he was ok but he knew that wasn't the full truth. While it was true the agent probably had the tiniest bit of a hero complex, there was something about Hongjoong that was intriguing and a little bit endearing. They may have had an unconventional start but he had a feeling that the two of them could become decent friends.

He clicked 'Message' before he had the chance to chicken out.

'Hey, it's Seonghwa. I'm off today and already bored. Fancy catching a movie?'

The agent didn't even review what he had typed before he had hit send to prevent himself enough time to erase everything and forget the whole thing. When he read it over, he cringed at his own phrasing. 'Fancy catching a movie?' What was he, some kind of grandpa?

When five minutes passed without a reply, the man tried not to think too much into it. It was early and any normal human, especially a college student, would definitely not be awake. He tried to suppress the small twinge of jealousy over being able to get a full night's sleep.

Just as he had accepted this fact, he felt his phone buzz from beside him. It was a text from Hongjoong, containing one singular word.

Sure

Seonghwa rolled his eyes at the lack of enthusiasm. He knew everyone had a different texting style and it's hard to judge tone through words. He ignored it and typed a reply.

Great! Pick you up at the cafe around 6. Is that ok?

The only reply he had gotten was a quick thumbs up emoji. It wasn't the most ideal response but it was straight forward and was confirmation enough for him. With confirmed plans now, Seonghwa decided to start his day. He threw off his blanket and hobbled into the kitchen to try and find something to entertain himself until six o'clock.

XxX

Hongjoong stared at the plate in front of him on the back room table. It was early in the morning and the cafe was already filling with smells of pastries and freshly brewed coffee as they prepared to open for the day. So far, the only occupants of the building were the red-head and Yunho.

"Staring at it isn't going to make it eat itself." The blonde remarked as he leaned on the doorway with crossed arms. He had come to check on the other and make sure he was doing ok but the red-head was still in the same exact position he had left him ten minutes ago.

"It's just so...pink." Hongjoong said, poking it with a fork. "Is this what I look like on the inside?"

Yunho chuckled as he made his way further into the room. He took a seat on the couch across from the other. "I would imagine so."