The Auction Pt. 2

*Not beta read. Warning for violence and language

"Ready?"

Jongho felt the tension in his shoulders as he, Woozi, Wonho, and Hui crouched next to a back exit. He wasn't nervous, he felt wired. As if there was so much energy built up in his body that he couldn't even contain himself. This was his redemption and it was time to make or break it.

The team nodded at Hui as he had his hands on the doorknob. With confirmation from the others, the man set to work as he opened up a lock picking set. The bluentte furrowed his brow in concentration as he worked and it wasn't but a minute later the lock popped and the door opened.

Silently, Hui signaled for the others to follow as he slipped inside the door, Woozi and Wonho followed with Jongho bringing up the rear. As a team, they had their own objective to achieve. While the rest of the teams were meant to deal with a search and rescue, Eden's squad had a specific task.

"Today, I'm going to fill you in on our orders." Eden spoke from in front of his desk. "We've heard from an informant last night that there are going to be very important people who will be present at tonight's auction. You may recognize some from our most wanted list but you cannot let that distract you. Our job is simple: find and capture the Madame."

"Why this Ghoul?" Dami spoke, her arms crossed. "We're the CCG aren't we. We should just take them all out."

Eden frowned and shook his head. "That's too risky. We are out-manned and out-gunned. It would be suicide to approach this that way."

Dami's lips thinned, thoroughly chastised. "What do we do then?"

"Focusing all our power at a specific target increases our chances of success." Eden continued. "Expect to utter chaos to erupt but don't let it distract you." The man's tone was severe. "As much as it may hurt, we can't rush off and abandon our goal. We have to trust our teammates in the CCG that they will take care of each other. Our goal should take the utmost priority."

"May I ask what is so important about this Ghoul?" Woozi frowned. "From the records I've seen, she's a Class A but isn't much of a threat on her own."

"We have reason to believe that she might be in connection with the current drug 'Mist' that has been seen on the streets."

"Why not just take her down?" Wonho asked. "Stop the production at the source."

"We don't know if she is the source," Eden shook his head. "Chances are she is just the supplier and that she is using these auctions not only to generate income but also as a site for mass distribution."

"So what's the plan?" Hui asked.

"We break into two groups," Eden answered. "Dami and Moonbyul will stake out at the front in case she tries to escape with the rest of the Ghoul's being gassed out by the regular agents. Hui, Wonho, Woozi, and Jongho, I want you four to come in through the back. Your job is to guard Hui so he can get to the security room or close enough that he can tap into the frequency and be your eyes. One will stay with him while the other two go to locate the Madame."

"Simple," Moonbyul rolled her eyes. "But somehow things are still going to go wrong."

Eden chuckled a little before he reached behind himself and grabbed something that had been sitting on his desk that the others hadn't paid any attention to until then. "To help others identify you as a specific task force, I have taken the liberty of getting you a new uniform."

The leader handed a folded set of clothes to Jongho, who happened to be the closest. The young man looked down and stared at the garments curiously. It was really setting in now. Tonight, they strike.