Dominoes Pt. 1

Tap, Tap

Tap, Tap

Tap, Tap

Yeosang's eyebrow twitched from behind the pair of binoculars he held up to his face for observation. He glanced over to where Xion was leaning against a wall off to the side. He was bouncing a tennis ball against the side of one of the empty desks. Where he had even gotten it was anyone's guess.

"Could you stop playing around and actually do some work?" the sandy brunette couldn't help but snap.

"I am doing work," Xion replied casually. "There isn't anything out there right now and we are wasting our time."

"Lady Red could be out there at any minute now. We need to be prepared instead of messing around."

"I'm not messing around, I'm resting." The other said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "You keep watch for now, and then we will switch."

"Listen, we are a team and we have to work together," Yeosang huffed as he lowered his binoculars. He turned to where he was fully facing the other. "I really don't care for your laissez faire attitude, but for now, we are teammates so I would really appreciate it if my teammate would help me."

Xion caught his tennis ball in his hand and held it. "And I'm saying, I am helping. It won't do us any good for both of us to be tired on watch. We can take shifts."

"But I can't see everywhere at once." Yeosang countered. "It would be helpful to have you looking one way while I look the other."

"We don't have to look everywhere all at once," Xion shrugged. "That is why we have agents stationed in different places so there are no blind spots."

"But we are the only ones watching from above in this spot, meaning we have to be twice as vigilant!"

"Look," sighed Xion, "I see your point but we have been at this for seven days shouldn't something have happened by now?"

"We don't have a specific day, we only have a vague time frame when Lady Red strikes." Yeosang rolled his eyes. "I don't know why they didn't pair me up with Jongho. I'm sure he would actually pull his weight."

"Hey!" Xion stood from his spot. "I am not lazy. And, I'll have you know, I've known Jongho way longer than you have, we had classes together at the academy. Who is to say why they didn't pair me with him?"

Yeosang had had just about enough of this. He knew Xion could do the work, he did graduate early like the rest of them, but he was tired and frustrated. They hadn't seen any signs of Lady Red in a week and being cooped up for so long with practically a stranger and so little sleep was wearing on him. He really hoped that something would happen soon so they could get the heck out of here.

The sandy brunette stood and squared up to the other. "When will you get it through your head that you are intruding on this team!

"Oh, well I'm sorry for intruding on a team I was assigned." They were nearly in each other's faces at this point.

"Funny thing about assignments," Yeosang started in a mock helpful voice. "You can always request to have them changed."

"Fine, maybe I will-"

That was about as far as Xion was able to get before the ground beneath him shook and his vision went black.

XxX

Red

That was the first thing Seonghwa saw when he tried to open his eyes. His vision was blurred and everything looked like it was in a haze. The only thing he could hear was the ringing in his ears and he was extremely disoriented. Where was he? He tried to move his fingers. Oh, he was on the ground. How did he get there?