Goodbye -13

Consciousness comes slowly to me this morning. I feel the sun beaming on my face, so I slowly open my eyes. Looking around I don't see my babies. I hop up as fast as possible and look around.

"Cain come here!" I hear Edward call out downstairs. I calm down knowing they are fine with their uncle. I quickly get ready so I can join them down stairs.

Walking down the stairs I call out"Quads where are you?" The squeals of delight is all I get in response. I laugh as my four children run towards me. "Hello babies," I say as I squat down to hug them.

After some hellos and kisses the quads lead me to the kitchen where Edward, Rachel, Justin, Vikki, and my parents are hanging out.

"Hi sweetheart," my dad says hugging me quickly.

"Hi guys what you doing?" I ask

"Grandma was trying to make French toast!" Lillie giggles.

"Yeah and it's turning out fine," my mom says playfully glaring at my daughter. I laugh quickly and go over to give her some help.

"So sis what are you going to do today?" Justin asks once we sit down to eat. I look away from feeding Rowan pancakes to him.

"Well my new landlord for the apartment is supposed to stop by here and give me my key"

"Really so soon?" My dad asks

"Yeah I tried to find ones that allowed me to move in really quick," I state "The quads like having their own space to run around and play in."

"You'll still visit right?" My mom expresses

"Yes mom," I giggle "I'll visit all the time promise." With that we all go back to eating. I smile as I look at my family and finally realize that things are going ok.

Later my landlord comes and gives me the key. Rachel and Sylvia help me pack while the quads play outside with dad. As the day goes on we unpack into the apartment and I twirl around my kitchen making cookies with Rachel and Sylvia.

"I can't believe so much has happened in this past month," Sylvia explains as her and Rachel dance in the living room.

"I know it's insane!" Rachel replies. "I am really glad you decided to reconnect with you family Rosie."

Smiling I lead the quads to them and we all dance in the living room. Sylvia leaves an hour later giving us all hugs. I tuck the babies into their new rooms and go and sit by Rachel on the couch.

"So your set up now," she says turning on a movie.

"Yeah," I reply

"My boss called me about coming into work next week."

"So your leaving?" My voice falters

"Yeah I am," Rachel hugs me as she whispers, "I'm gonna miss you best friend."

"I'm gonna miss you too!" I cry "Thank you for all you've done for me and my kids."

"It's been my pleasure. You guys are my family and I love you all so much." Rachel says as she starts crying too, "I'll visit anytime I have a vacation."

"And we will do the same." With that we hug and talk about all of the great memories we've had.

Flashback
I scream as a murder jumps out from behind the tree.

"Rosie!" Rachel screams grabbing my hand and pulling me away. We both run through the forest and out into the house. "Watch my back!" Rachel calls

"Always Rachel I got you besti!" I call as a clown jumps out.

"Run!" Rachel calls and we do. Through the house and out the exit. I giggle uncontrollably as the worker thanks us for coming.

"That was so much fun!" I laugh hugging Rachel.

"Says you! I'm never going to a haunted house again they're crazy!" She cry's shaking me.

Giggling I lead her to the car as we both laugh about the haunted house and forest.

"Thanks for coming with me," Rachel says as we reach our house.

"Well duh! No one else Id rather have join me!" I say and give her a hug as we walk to house and relieve the babysitter from watching the quads. Rachel follows me to the nursery and I coo at my sweet babies.

"They really are beautiful." Rachel whispers. My only response is a nod as I look at my family. All 5 of them.

Back to present
I wake up quickly as I hear Rowan screaming.

"Rowan shush" the little voice of Carsten calls out.

"Yeah geez bro your gonna wake up mommy!" Lillie calls just as loud.

"Shhhhh!" Cain says as I walk out.

"Now what are you trouble makers doing?" I say. They all scream and turn around looking at me. I see them with cookies in their hands and shake my head. We run around for a little bit and Rachel joins us later on.

Soon enough the cookies are back in the jar and we are all sitting on the floor by the coffee table eating breakfast.

"Aunt Rwachel why do you look so sad?" Carsten asks going to sit by her.

"Well Carsten I have to go home today." Rachel says.

"Home?" Lillie questions

"Yes Lillie home as in California back to the house."

"But.... we live here?" Cain exclaims as his lip trembles. They all burst into tears as we explain how Rachel is going back without us. After much debate and tantrums then wear themselves out enough to calm down.

The day passes quickly as Rachel gets ready to leave. I drop her off at the airport and the quads give her a big hug as she walks away. The car ride home is silent; there is none of the regular giggles or singing. I pull into my parents house for dinner. Walking inside I hear the calls of all my siblings as they come and give me a hug.

Once Edward hugs me I break down crying. He hugs me tighter and asks what's wrong.

"Rachel had to go back to California!" I cry "I'm gonna miss her so much!"

"I know sis I know," Edward whispers as he hugs me.

"She's always been there for me. She was the one who held my hand as I gave birth." I cry "I don't know how to live without her!"

"It's okay Rosie your strong you can do this!" He motivates me. "Your kids rely on you it's okay sis."

I nod and let go. I give him a smile and go sit by my babies. Has they hug me I see Sylvia look sadly at the ground. "Sylvia" I say "get over here!"

She giggles and comes and joins the hug. Soon enough all of us are in a hug. I smile as I feel the love of my family. All 9 of them.

Authors note: I know this was kinda sad but do not worry Rachel will not be gone forever! She will be back! Promise