Painting up memories -14

"Cain!! Will you please pick up your car?" I shout towards the boys room.

"Coming mama!" He shouts back and I hear four pairs of footsteps running into the living room.

"There you four are! Your grandma is gonna be here any second to take you to her place." I say as I ruffle Carstens hair.

"Mom coming too?" Rowan asks while they pick up the cars.

"No babies moms gonna paint the apartment." As soon as I say that I see tears start to form, "Now don't be like that babies you love grandma and grandpa and I'm pretty sure Auntie Sylvia and Uncle Edward will be there too."

"Alright mommy," Lillie says bringing me in for a hug. With that the doorbell rings and off goes my children with their grandma.

"You sure you'll be fine mom?" I ask handing over the quads things.

"Yes darling I did raise 4 kids at one point." She laughs and takes the bags and leaves before I can change my mind.

I bring out the paint and get started on covering the floors.

The knock at the door interrupts my dance party

"I'm coming!" I yell while putting down the tape and running to the door. At the door are my old friends Lily comes in first and whistles looking at the place. Rick and Mark put down some food they've brought. Anna and Jacklin huddle together by the couch and Nate stands there looking at me. I look down and see my pajamas. A bright pink tank top and some black booty shorts.

"Hey guys welcome to my home! Are you guys ready to paint?" I say walking over to the paint brushes.

"Uh yeah we are!" Lily says smiling and grabs a paint brush.

"So what color is this wall going to be?" Mark asks.

"White!" At the look I get I say "I know it's already white but it's faded it needs a nice clean coat of white. Trust me it'll look much better."

"Well your the boss Rose so we will do it!" Jacklin says smiling.

As the night goes on I see Nate glancing over at me. With a shy smile I wave at him across the room.

"Ooh is something going on there?" Jacklin whispers to me.

I giggle and shove her a bit, "I'm not sure Jacklin. I still get those butterflies but I don't want to be hurt again."

"We we're trying to help you," Jacklin says, "I know now we definitely should have done it in a different way. Leaving you all alone wasn't fair and I'm sorry for doing that Rose."

Not expecting that I stare at her. "Thanks Jacklin that... that's nice of you to admit and I know it was my fault to I had a problem."

"But we should have been there for you not shoved you away." She repeats while painting