Mistakes -16

I wake up with a groan. The suns to bright and my heads pounding.

I can't believe I got drunk last night. Shaking my head I sit up just to feel an arm over me.

"Shawn get up!" I shout shaking him.

"Hey Rosalinda." He says winking.

"Get our Shawn." I say getting up, "that's never happening again. I can't believe I got drunk."

"It's fine Rosalinda." He says finally getting out of my bed.

"No it's not fine!" I yell loudly throwing his shirt at him. "I have not had a sip of alcohol in over 4 years. I can't believe I did that. How could I be so stupid."

I leave him standing in my room as I walk to the kitchen. I sit on the stool and shake my head.

I can't believe I got drunk. I made myself a promise that I would never drink again because how I spiraled so bad last time. "Shawn are you leaving!"

"No." He says in a few voice as he slowly walks towards me, "I'm not."

"Stop being an idiot and get out!" I say shaking my head while gathering his things.

"Rosalinda we had so much fun last night."

"Eww! Screw off Shawn. 1st off my name is Rosie! 2nd of all it was a mistake that shouldn't have happened." I shove his bag into his arms and push him towards the door. "It's time to go Shawn. I'll set up a time with my lawyer for when you can see the kids."

"Through a lawyer really?" He scoffs, "Whatever Rosalinda have a good rest of your day I guess."

"Wait I'm sorry," I say "I shouldn't have led you on like that. I'm sorry that I gave you the idea we could be together. That was a one time thing it happens we're adults. Two adults who happen to have four kids together. That's all Shawn."

"Yah whatever!" And with that he storms out.

"Bye Shawn!" I close the door and bang my head against it. "I'm such an idiot!"

I go around the apartment cleaning up from last night and moving the last bit of the furniture back into their rightful places. A knock once again wakes me up from my day dream on my couch.

"Hey Little Sis!" Edward says as he opens the door and lets the quads run in.

"Mama!" They scream as they pounce on me. I laugh and smile as I see my sweet babes. Tears lightly cloud my vision before I laugh them away.

"Mama we stayed up until 10 with Uwncle Ed!" Cain shouts

"Yeah he gave us chwocolate!" Lillie tells me laughing.

"Oh he did?" I say looking over at Edward who whistles innocently. Shaking my head I ask them "Did you have fun?"

"Yes mommy!" Carsten scream as he hugs me tightly.

"We Mwissed you though mommy," Rowan says.

"I missed you too sweethearts." I hug them tightly as they continue to tell me about there day.

Eventually I get them settle down for their nap. I sit on the couch by Edward.

"Shawn stopped by yesterday," I whisper breaking the silence.

"Shawn?" He questions

"They quads father." I say.

"Oh!" Edward exclaims "Are you okay?"

Shaking my head I lean into my brother. "I'm scared Eddy. I messed up."

"What happened sis?"

"He showed up and I got angry thinking about what happened when I last saw him. I was just feeling so alone. Nate made me angry and exploded more than I should have. I shouldn't have acted like that to him."

"Nate will forgive you Rosie. He always will."

"But he shouldn't have to. I don't deserve him. I don't deserve any of what I have."

"Sis.."

"No listen Edward after Nate and the rest of them left I felt like garbage. I couldn't get Shawns face out of my mind, and then he shied up again and I just didn't wanna me alone anymore. So I let him convince me to drink although it didn't take much convincing. And then we..."

"Rose! You didn't" Edward exclaims and in that moment where I see my brothers disappointed face I feel more shame then I ever have in my entire life.

"I know!"

"Rose listen to me. You messed up, but you can still get past this. No more drinking, not because it's bad but because you made a promise to yourself and your kids and now it's time to keep it. So wipe your tears and fix your mistakes."

"How?" I say brokenly.

"Get up." I do

"Now give me a hug." At my look of confusion he continues, "your my sister, and I love you!"

Smiling I give him a hug and think over my actions. I decide to call Rachel and talk to her, I decided to contact Shawn and fix things between us. I also decided to start over with my friends. For real this time no more holding over their actions over their heads. We all made mistakes and we have to live with them.

"Thank you Edward, but can I ask you one more favor?"

"What?"

"Can you watch the quads I gotta go to work. Gotta make money some how."

Authors note
I know these last couple of updates have been weird but I'm still figuring out how to finish this story. I don't wanna go the path of Shawn and Rosie fighting because honestly not that interested in that.

If you guys have any suggestions of places I can take it or things you wanna see. I would really appreciate it! THANKS