uno; SHE'S PRETTY COOL

Soaked, hungry and close to passing out from blood loss.

It's definitely far from what you expected your 20th birthday party to be like.

You tried to crawl out of the dark alley, hoping that someone might notice you and call for an ambulance. Your face was covered in bruises, the different colours nearly making a sunset. Still, your flawless eyeliner stayed in place, as well as your deep-maroon lipstick. Your face gave an ethereal glow, reflecting the moonlight above you. Your recently manicured nails were griping tight into the fabric of your pristine white shirt that was now stained with blood - some yours, some unknown. Heat spewed out of the bullet wound in your abdomen, and you felt your grip on reality lessen by the second as your back leaned against the dirty wall, possible stained with weird fluids.

"At least we got away from them, right Eden?"

Your『 Stand 』 materialized in front of you, a concerned expression on her sharp face. Tall and slightly muscular, the surface of her skin was a light, warm green, with various flowers patterns on it, similar to tattoos. From her head grew vines akin to hair, somehow wavy, cascading over her back, as well as containing small flowers, like forget-me-nots, chamomile and petunias. Two fiery red roses pinned back her hair, one on each side near her ears, and her eyes seemed to change colours every so often, the hues bleeding into one another, from reds, to greens, blues and purples. Around her middle and in a few places like arms and legs, thin, elegant vines wrapped around the limbs, with visible sharp thorn growing on them.

Trying to stop the bleeding, even by a little, she touched your abdomen and a couple of green vines grew from her hand, covering your wound. She tightened them a little, not so that it would be difficult to breathe, but well enough to subdue your pain.

In the meantime, you managed to take out your phone, a hot pink Motorola, and flipped it open. Pressing the "1" button three times, you put your phone against your ear and waited for you dad to pick up.

After barely one ring, came his desperate voice.

"Mon Dieu, where are you Y/N? We've been looking everywhere for you!"

You quietly asked you stand,『Eden's Garden』, to look for the street's name.

"Uhm, I'm bleeding out in a seedy alley, can you send someone to pick me up? Hurry up please." Giving out the address, you could hear him mumble an incoherent string of words, shocked by your predicament.

"Just hold on chérie, it's all gonna be alright, I know you're strong." your dad tried to comfort you.

"Papa, I'm fine, it's just annoying. I just bought this shirt last week and it's already ruined!" Pausing for a few seconds, you could see a car going ridiculously fast above the speed limit. Eden gently laid her hand on the ground, and a sunflower sprouted from the pavement. If a bright, big-ass yellow flower in the middle of the night growing from straight concrete wasn't going to get their attention, you would make sure they'll lose their jobs.

"They're here papa, I'll be home soon. Do we still have any cake left?"

"Y/N." his voice was tired, but you knew he was smiling on the other end.

"What, I didn't even get the chance to taste it!" You saw the car slowed down as it approached you, and you let out a sigh, feeling relieved. "Gotta roll, à plus." You ended the call.

The black car with tinted windows stopped, and out came three individuals dressed in elegant but practical suits. Swiftly moving to pick you up, you gave them a weak smile as you were placed upon the back seat. Two of them got in the front, and one followed you on the backseat, pistol ready in hand to protect you from, presumably, any other threats.

You tried to keep a strong posture even with your pain. Unconsciously dragging your hand across your face, you smeared it with the blood from your hand. Muttering a string of curses, you focused your attention to the man that stood next to you.

"You know if anyone at the party got hurt?" you inquired, hoping your little stunt wasn't in vain.

You could tell he was nervous. You don't remember seeing him before, so this might as well be his first day on the job. "N-non, only scared. The entire e-enemy group followed after you." You tilted your head to the side and smiled.

"That's good." You looked outside the window, finding the architecture of the buildings you were passing especially interesting.

"Permission to speak, Mademoiselle Y/N -" the woman that was driving started. She looked a little older than the others, a few grey hairs visible, as well as some wrinkles on the hands that were holding the steering wheel.

You stopped her, waving you hand in a dismissive fashion.

"Please, you don't need to ask me unless it's any official business. Just say whatever." you laid your head back against the car seat and closed you eyes.

"Ah, of course. Forgive me. Uhm, apologies for being so forward but -" she stopped herself for a couple of seconds. Working for over twenty-five years under your family, and now was the first time she actually met you face-to-face. The woman heard many stories about you and your shenanigans over the years, and had grown fond of you and your cheerful personality.

"I wanted to say how much I admire you, mademoiselle. You're our boss, but you risk your life for others so many times. You don't treat us like useless servant who live only to protect you - " she stumbled over her words a few times, a little embarrassed by her rant " - I am very thankful for having the honor to work for your family for so long."

Looking in the rear view mirror, she saw your sleeping form, snoring away without a care in the world.

Her face softened. A few moments later, panic overtook her face, jerking the wheel violently, almost making the car crash. The other passengers shook with the car, holding on to what they could for dear life. Regaining the control of the car, the woman demanded.

"Check her pulse for fuck's sake! Is she okay?!" her chest was contracting rapidly. The young man next to your unmoving body put his pointer and middle finger, almost embarrassed, against your neck, and after a few seconds he nodded to his team.

"Alive, just sleeping."

The whole car sighed in relief. By that, the author refers to the people in the car, and not the car itself, because that would be plain silly.

"Ugh, I'm so jealous. How can she sleep after everything she went through today?" the third guard said with curiosity. You were always so open about your feelings and thoughts, but still, the biggest mystery they ever encountered.

The old woman smiled, and looked straight ahead, a large, luxurious mansion coming into view.

"That's Y/N De La Louve for you."

☾━━━━✰━━━━☽

writing a new fanfic? you betcha!

i have so much planned for this, it's probably gonna be a long ride. but i'm super excited to share this!

also this is your amazing, latest phone model on the market 😤 (lowkey really miss this stuff)