quattro; AN AWKWARD MEETING

You decided the best way to work together on an investigation was for your dad to go home, safely, and for you to stay at Don Giovanna's mansion for the time being.

"Careful with that, it's from my favourite designer!" you snapped at one of the men carrying your luggage with the initials T and U embodied all over it, as he was mindlessly tossing it down.

The Don was hospitable enough to give you your own room while you work on the case. You agreed that it would be more convenient this way. Also, you know he still doesn't trust you very much, so it's no surprise he wants to watch you every second, in case you might be planning something behind his back.

Sadly, no. You're really just that desperate. But, as long as no one else finds out, it's fine.

"I see you've packed light, signora." Buccellati entered the room as someone was bringing in the last of your suitcases. Poor man, he had one in each hand and seemed like he was struggling, face red and light sweat covering his face.

"Signora... where should I leave these...?" he huffed, done with life.

"Oh, I'll take these! Thank you." you grabbed the luggage from his hands effortlessly and moved them across the room. From the corner of your eye you saw the man clearly surprised at this.

"So, Buccellati," you turned to him and put your palms together, "what are the plans for today? I assume you didn't just come to check on me."

"Straight to business I see... " he chucked. "As we're going to be working close together, I want you to meet our team."

"Great! The faster we get to work, the better. Say, is this because the Don is busy today and we can't do anything else?" you gave him a smile.

He was a little caught off-guard, but quickly recovered from your boldness. It looked like he was getting used to it. "Yes, and no. The Don is busy today, but it's also good to meet the others."

You're scared a lot of times. But you never, ever show it. It's part of who you am – not as a person, but as the head of your family. You need to be fearless and strong to set an example.

You didn't move from your position near a dresser. You just stood there and stared back at Buccellati. You guessed he's better than most people at reading body language, since he felt your uneasiness.

"They're good men signora, I can assure you. They – " he stopped himself for a few seconds, "we are going to ensure your safety. As long as we are fighting for the same cause, no harm will come your way. We'll protect you as one of our own." his eyes held an intense emotion. You could tell he was serious about all he said.

He seemed like a good man, but if you had trusted everyone's words, you would've been long gone by now. You're still alone in this, and you still can't trust anyone. You can't let your guard down.

If things ever go wrong, you have a big advantage – they don't know you're a Stand user. You'll need to be careful if they try to test you though.

You know how these things go. You're suspicious of them, they're suspicious of you. You're just business partners now. Not matter how friendly or nice they seem, you have a name to protect.

"I appreciate the thought, Buccellati. But we both know trust is not so easily gained..." you said with a somehow sad smile.

The room was silent for a few seconds. Not awkward, but nice.

"Well then! There's no time like the present! Let's get to work, shall we? Meeting new people!" you burst out excitedly and way too loud. Buccellati seemed relieved from your new-found excitement, and lead the way towards the living room.