Rift

A/N: Wouldn't it be funny if Anx actually was an evil duplicate from another dimension?

Roman's POV

It's lunchtime and our table is dead as usual.

By as usual, I mean, the past few days.

These three have been so.. So.. DEAD! I don't have a word to describe it! They sit down, eat, say nothing, then leave! The hell right?

Me and Logan swapped seats for some reason. There's obviously some tension between Logan and Patton. So that's bad. Especially if Patton hasn't been talking. He must be really mad about something.

Anx on the other hand! Has done nothing but stare into space the entire lunch period. Not a peep out of him. He seems overly distraught.

Look Logan I used a big word.

He's not looking, he's avoiding making eye contact with Patton.

Motherfucker.

I'm sick of this shit.

"What is wrong with you guys?" I slammed my hands on the table, clearly shocking everyone else.

"Uh-um, nothing?" Logan responded.

"What's up with you Roman?" Patton retorted.

"No, Patt, what's up with you?!"

"Um.." Patton turned away.

Anx had just been staring at his food again. Guess I should get his attention again.

"Vir-"

Anx lifted his head and quickly spewed, "Patton, I'm from another dimension."

"WOAH!" I shouted on instinct and stood up, "Okay. Let's go." I grabbed all my stuff and motioned for everyone else to as well. Right before I pushed them out of the cafeteria and into an empty classroom. I turned to Anx, "What the fuck, Anx?"

"I'm sorry! I wasn't thinking about the other people, it's just- Logan- and I- Patton, I just-"

I sighed and sat down on a desk, "Why don't you just continue."

"No, it's okay Anx, I'll do it." Logan stepped up.

"O-okay.." Anx backed up.

"You're sure about this?" I asked Anx. He nodded.

"Patton, this is not the Virgil you know." Logan approached Patton with an explanation.

_________________

"Oh." Patton pondered for a moment, "You couldn't have just told me?"

"Virgil didn't want to worry you." Anx added, falling back a little.

"Well, that's okay, I guess." Patton turned to Anx, "So.. Anx?"

"Y-yea..?" Anx mumbled, curling in on himself a bit.

"I'm so sorry you're trapped here!" Patton launched Anx into a hug.

That was.. Expected and unexpected at the same time.

"I-it's okay, it's not your fault." Anx spoke with surprise.

"I know! I just got all mad about you guys keeping secrets and-" Patton gasped and turned to Logan, "I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have got angry at you for keeping someone else's secret!"

"It's okay, Patton.." Logan consoled.

"Alright, now that's settled, can we go finish eating lunch?" I spoke up.