2

I woke up to the sound of Ariana snoring beside me. Although she had claimed that she wasn't tired, she had still given up to exhaustion. She had fallen asleep beside me, and since the sofa barely had enough room for the two of us, we were squished closely together. 

Carefully making sure to not wake Ari, I lifted the quilt off of us and slipped off the sofa. I took a seat in the spot where Ariana was sitting before I fell asleep, and took Ariana's phone from the table. Since we were close friends, I knew her password. Unlocking her phone, I saw that her lock screen was a picture of me and her. A smile broke across my face. We had been friends for a long time, but ever since Ariana's ex-friend, Alexa, got into a fight with her, me and Ari's friendship had been very strong.

But I'd never felt the way I feel about her now until we started working on AG6. We spent so much time together that it got to the point where we would sleep together(as friends, of course). I just love her so much. 

I open her IMessage. She had been texting Courtney Chipolone, her other friend. Even though I knew that Ariana and Courtney were friends since childhood, I still felt a twinge of jealousy. She'd even kissed Courtney before. I tap on their chat. 

court: how's your album going ?

ari: great. except n's being a lazy bitch.

N. That's me.

court: lmaooooo

ari: it's fine tho. i'm letting her take a nap rn. she looks cute when she's sleeping 🥺

Ariana thinks I'm cute?! I'm freaking out.

I was about to read the next message when I heard Ariana stir from where she was sleeping.

"N?" She murmured sleepily, slowly sitting up. She saw me looking through her phone and quickly snatched it back. "What were you looking at?" She demanded.

"Relax. I was just looking at you and Courtney's texts. There's no secrets on there." I had to be truthful with her. Ariana hated being lied to.

She shut her phone off set it down beside her, then leaned against me.

"Njomza, if you ever want to know something, just ask me, ok?" Her eyes met mine, and her voice was quiet.

"Ok. But it wasn't like I didn't trust you. I was just bored." I protested, afraid that Ariana was mad at me.

"Sheesh, we sound like a couple." She laughed, relaxing. I wish we were, I thought. Ari wrapped her arm around me, embracing me in a hug. I put my arms around her too and closed my eyes, breathing in her sweet perfumed scent. I wish that moment would last forever.

"We should get back to my house now," Ariana finally pulled back, entwining her fingers with mine. 

We drove back to her LA mansion, carpool karaoking on the way. Ari almost drove into a tree because of her bad driving skills and her horrible eye-sight, but other than that, we arrived home safely without much trouble. 

The second we opened the door to her house, Ari's dogs jumped up on us, excited to have their mama home.

"Toooouuulloooouuussseeeee, Myrooonnnnn, Cocooooo, Pignoliiiiiiiiii, Cinnamooonnnnn, Snapeeeeee, Lilllyyyyyyy, Strausssssssss, Lafayetteeeeeeeee." Ariana recited her dogs names, petting each one in turn. "Oh and Piggy," She exclaimed as her tiny pet pig ran up to her, oinking excitedly.

After she was done with her lovely reunion(which included lots of sloppy kisses and barking and licking), Ariana dragged me off to her living room. Aaron and Courtney were sitting on the couch, watching spongebob. 

"Oooh hi. I thought you two were gonna sleep over at the studio again." Courtney made space for me and Ariana on the couch.

"Sleep? Nah that never happened." I snorted, taking a seat between Ari and Court. 

"'ight, Imma head off to bed, goodnight." Aaron started to stand up and stretch his legs. Aaron was one of Ariana's closest male friends, and he usually lived at her house. He wouldn't be much competition if he also wanted to date Ari, which I'm probably sure he didn't. They just saw each other as friends, and anyways, I could never see him and Ariana as a couple.

Ugh, why am I thinking like this? Ariana can have friends without dating them. I felt guilty for seeing all of her friends as rivals, since none of them even had feelings for Ari. After all, they're my friends too, and that was not how friends thought about each other. 

Me, Courtney and Ariana watched TV for about an hour, snuggled up on the couch, sipping champagne from wine glasses. It felt wonderful. Just the three of us, watching TV like how friends normally do. But do I really want to view Ari as "just a friend"?

"I really need to sleep," Ariana opened her mouth in a yawn. "You too Njomza. You were pretty tired earlier, and we need to get to the studio at 7 tomorrow."

"Fine. Courtney?" I followed Ari as she started to head upstairs. 

"I'm good. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

I quickly brushed my teeth and took a shower, then climbed into my heavily blanketed bed. Just as I closed my eyes, Ariana came and sat on my bed. 

"Can I sleep with you? Oh shit that came out wrong. But anyways, my room's feeling lonely." She asked hopefully.

"Of course," I whispered, and she layed down beside me, her arm brushing mine.

"I love you," Her voice was barely a whisper. You what? I couldn't believe my ears. Did I hear it wrong or did she just mean it in a friendly way? There was no way on fucking earth that she would feel the same way for me as I feel about her. 

"I love you too," I replied, slightly shook.

And I don't know if it was because of the champagne or something, but Ari suddenly reached forward and pressed her lips on mine. There was a feeling of longing, as she gently nibbled my lip. I kissed her back, desperate for the taste of her. She tasted so good, her breath with a hint of champagne. 

Five minutes must have passed before Ariana rested her head on her pillow again, out of breath from kissing. She shuts her eyes and takes a deep breath. Her hand find mines under the many layers of blankets and she gave my hand a squeeze.

"I love you. Goodnight." She said once again.

"Goodnight."

Then I fell asleep, still holding Ariana's hand.

idk why but the characters keep saying goodnight

I suck at writing kissing scenes someone help 🥺