3

I still couldn't process what had just happened last night. Ariana kissed me. Really fucking kissed me. Unlike the way she kissed Courtney before. No, not just a friendly peck. A real kiss, like she said she loved me and really meant it.

Ariana had already woken up, and she was sitting in bed on her phone.

"You're finally awake," She said, brushing my cheeks gently with her fingertips.

"What time is it?" I ask her.

"7:30,"

"Weren't we supposed to go to the studio at 7?"

"Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck I forgot. I told Tommy and the others to meet me there at 7." Ariana jumped up in a frenzy and started changing right in front of me. I knew I should look away, but I couldn't help catching a glimpse of her bare tits.

I smiled to myself. She was so sexy. I just want to lay her down and fuck her senseless.

"HURRY UP HURRY UP HURRY UP," She ran around the room, picking up her purse and jacket.

I pulled on a hoodie and some tights and ran out the room after her. We drove to the studio in a hurry and walked into it, greeted by a scowling Tommy, Leon, and Mikey.

"You guys are...45 minutes late," Mikey checked his watch, sounding bored.

"I'm sorry!" Ariana was close to tears, her voice breaking. I wrap my arms around her from behind, and bury my face in her hair. It was strange how she got so worked up about such a little thing. It was very unlike her, and she wasn't even on her period.

"Alright, alright, calm down. Let's get to work." Tommy stood up and walked over to the computer.

—A FEW HOURS LATER—

"You wanna go take a walk?" Ariana tugged on my arm, Toulouse in her lap. We had finished working for the day, and just got back home and ate dinner. Despite being very late this morning, we had still gotten done a decent amount of progress on AG6.

"Sure," I brushed my hair with a comb, untangling a clump of hair.

Ariana leashed Toulouse, Myron, and Lafayette. Since there were only the two of us, she felt that we should just bring three dogs.

The sidewalks were pretty much deserted. Good. I love our fans, but it gets annoying when they constantly come up to you, especially when you're trying to get some peace and quiet. Me and Ari set off on a path shaded by palm trees, the pale moonlight shining on us. The air was cool and a light breeze blew through the neighborhood.

"Sooo...." I started. Ariana had not said anything about what had happened last night the entire day. Either she forgot, or she was deliberately avoiding the topic.

"I'm listening," Ariana stopped to let the dogs sniff at a fire hydrant, and looked at me expectantly.

"Do you um...really love me? Like LOVE love me?" I decided to just ask her the question, however awkward it may be. 

"Yes. Of course." She said as if it were obvious. Her brown eyes were huge and tinted with something like sadness. "Is it ok?"

"Is what ok?"

"Is it ok that I love you?"

I nod, and give her a hug, kissing her neck tenderly. She held on tight, bringing my crotch close to hers, her hands on my waist. We stood like that for a peaceful minute, and I can feel the wetness of Ariana's tears on my shoulder.

"What's wrong?" I cupped her face in my hands, using my thumbs to brush away a few tears on her cheeks.

"Nothing...it's just been a stressful day." She sniffed, another tear falling from her eye.

"But-" Ari abruptly pulled away, cutting off my words. She started walking back the way we came from, not turning back once to check if I was following.

Sighing, I trailed after her. Something was wrong, but she refuses to tell me. Guess I'll pry it out of her later.

We walked in silence to her house, with Toulouse, Myron, and Lafayette barking at everything they see. When we got home, Ariana immediately stormed upstairs, clearly upset. I made myself a cup of coffee, then went upstairs as well. 

"What's up with you two?" Courtney asked as I passed her room.

I shrug at her, then strolled down to Ari's room. She was in bed, buried deep beneath her blankets. I tiptoed up to her, softly calling her name.

"Ari?"

"What?" She answered in her most defiant voice, though she barely had any energy left.

I put my coffee down on the nightstand and slowly lifted the blankets from her, then climbed in beside her. She didn't try to push me away, only stared at me, her eyes brimming with tears. She was still in her clothes, her silky hair tied back in a neat high ponytail.

"Is it your anxiety?" I play with her hair, twirling it around my finger.

"I don't even know. I already told you. I'm just stressed today, ok?" She turned away from me, and didn't say any more.

I stroke her back, and I can feel her breathing slowing down a bit. I pull myself closer to her, and sang softly:

Excuse me um....I love you,

I know that's not the way to start a conversation, trouble,

I watch them other girls when they come and bug you,

But I felt like I knew you, so I just wanted to hug you.

She was breathing evenly now, her chest rising and falling steadily. I peer at her face. Her eyes were closed, and she was no longer frowning. Instead, she wore a peaceful expression, her lips slightly spread apart.

I soundlessly slipped out of bed, and went around to her side. I kissed her forehead, and whispered in her ear.

"Sleep well. I love you." 

She smiled in response.

I snuck out of her room, and shut the door gently, then creeped to Courtney's room.

"Everything alright?" Courtney looked worried, her eyebrows knitted together in a frown.

"I guess," I sat down on a chair, propping my chin in the palm of my hand. "She's just been...acting up today. It'll probably be fine tomorrow."

"Njomza, please look after her. Please." Courtney pleaded, bringing her chair closer to mine. "She really loves you."

"I will. Thanks for letting me know." I pulled out my airpods and put them on, switching on some music. The beginning of Only 1 started to play, Ariana's angelic voice filling my ears. This was one of my favourite songs by Ari, since I loved the bitter-sweet meaning of its lyrics and the catchy tune. It immediately made me think of Ariana, even though she wasn't really "mine".

Humming along to the song, I exited Courtney's room and sauntered to my room. Laying down in my bed, I thought about today. Ariana's outburst, Courtney telling me that Ari loved me. It was quite overwhelming, actually. Part of me was filled with glee at knowing Ariana felt the same about me as I feel about her, but part of me felt guilty. For not trying harder to comfort Ari, to let her know I was there for her.

We couldn't be "just friends" anymore. 

Should I make each chapter longer? Yes or no