~The Black Rose~ (Shawn)

Shawn's P.O.V.

Running.

It's a physical activity that not only makes you feel healthy and fit but it also is one way of relieving stress for many people. In the dictionary it is often described and explained as a locomotor movement that causes a person to move by feet.

People run for fun, sometimes I've seen them running in marathons, for donations and whatsoever. It seemed like they were running because they are happy, it's their own way of helping other people and helping themselves in order to have a healthy and fit body.

But for me, running is an escape from the reality, thinking that it can be the only one to save me from the miserable life that I've been living on for 22 years.

I am running because I wanted to get away from this life.

I thought that I would be running for fun just like them. I thought it would be fun to run along with the family you have, catching each other, playing tag and laughters would be filling the whole place. I've always dreamed of experiencing that the moment I grew up, I thought it would happen...

But it was too late for me to realize that my life was never normal being born in this kind of family.

I tried running away several times. I tried walking away from this life but with this cruel world, with the cruel people surrounding me, this void of darkness and pain never seemed to get tired pulling me in this world of guns and bullets.

I was trapped, caged in a life filled with greed and spite. No matter how many times I try to break free, the blood cursing in my veins were pulling me back, reminding me that I could never have the life I wanted at all. Not once have I seen myself smiling, laughing and feeling loved just how other people does.

I grew up alone with no one to turn to. No one to hold on to...

And now I just kept running and running, hoping that one day I'd finally be able to get away from this miserable life that I have. I am running, not only for me...

But also for her...

I stopped on my tracks seeing that I was already standing in front of my house, the warm orange hues from the lightbulbs signaled to me that someone is already awake. The waft of eggs and bacons flowed in the air, giving me the perfect person who for sure is already waiting for me inside to brief me about what will happen today.

The bright sunlight from the newly risen sun shone on me, loving the way the heat provided me warmth even if the morning breeze is cold and close to giving me a headache. With the towel I have placed on the porch earlier, I started wiping my sweat and headed inside to finally come face to face with my best friend and trusted man for 22 years.

 With the towel I have placed on the porch earlier, I started wiping my sweat and headed inside to finally come face to face with my best friend and trusted man for 22 years

"You look like you've ran a marathon, how many laps have you had?" He asked with a smirk as he turned his head to me from the couch. On the tv displays his favorite movie which I'm sure he managed to illegally hack and download with his incredible skills in the computer and hacking.