~The Midnight Visitor~

Camila’s P.O.V.

Ever since I had been kidnapped 19 years ago, I was always afraid of the dark. I never even wanted to never see the light, a lamp or a small fire from a match would already be so enough for me to feel like I was home, that nothing bad would ever happen to me. For once I almost thought that the light would be the only thing keeping me protected, I never liked having the lights turned off especially when it was just me all alone in my room. I never turned off any lamp until I woke up not until I turned 14 where I decided to finally try to fight my fears.

It was never easy to begin with. I’d have constant nightmares whenever I was being swallowed by the darkness, I was diagnosed with Lygophobia then right after I was brought to the hospital for checkups when I refused to even look at Papa and all the people with me. It was a specific phobia which can be possibly related to Nyctophobia which means I fear the dark and Lygophobia means I fear being in the dark. I kept fighting my fears until I managed to overcome them before I reached my childhood.

I never liked being in the dark then, it maybe because of my trauma or what but I just really feel like someone was staring at me, waiting to pull me off the bed and then start killing me. I thought there were monsters lurking in my closet, ghosts wanting to take me from the window… I just really feel a pair of eyes waiting for me to somehow wake up in the middle of the night for them to feast on me.

That feeling, never really bothered me not until at this moment.

I had my eyes closed but I could definitely feel someone staring at me in the dark, my heart was beating so fast that even I was so nervous and worried about what was happening. I tried tossing around, wrapping the sheets closer to me to cover my shivering and cold arms and legs that I likely forgot to cover earlier because of tiredness. I thought by doing that the weird feeling would finally vanish because I’ve perfectly hidden every part of my body underneath the blanket I have. It might not be good enough to protect me but for me I think that the blanket will prevent any spirits from taking me.

Once the bothering feeling inside only keeps stirring I knew I have to take matters in my own hands. I fluttered my eyes opened and braced myself to come face to face to whatever or whoever was trying to wake me up at such a time of the night, my sight was slightly blurry and couldn’t see anything that much from the darkness. I quickly propped myself up just so I could have a better view at the whoever might be present in my room, it says on the clock that it was 3 in the morning, the perfect time for ghosts to come out.

Yet it wasn’t exactly a ghost who is my visitor for tonight…

There was a silhouette of a man sitting on a chair before me as he was being slightly illuminated by the moonlight outside. It was very dark so I had to rub my eyes more to check on what was happening, I couldn’t possibly imagine seeing things could I? It took me a good minute before I manage to get out of the comforter keeping my body warm as I slowly crawled closer to whoever he was, I could only see a faint silhouette together with the chair based on how he was sitting.

Once my vision sharpened in the dark, I almost had a small heart attack the minute my eyes fell into the same warm brown ones that a certain someone owns. My heart was beating erratically as all the fears and worries I had were still swirling inside my mind at this point but I was really relieved seeing that it was a human and not a monster creeping on me at such hour. But still of course, what he’s doing is something very creepy.

“Shawn? You scared me” I spoke with a small voice as I collapsed on bed, I was on all fours earlier but now I decided to sit on the very edge of the bed, my legs dangling on the bed as I was facing him. I raised my hand to press it on my upper left chest, just right above where my beating heart was still in crazy level.