Chapter Nine

Lisa POV

We reached home near lunch time and I escorted us back to my house, keeping a protective eye on Hanbin. Many eyes watched him enter, interested to see what the new human would bring to the pack. Coming in with me certainly didn't win him any points in popularity. Even those who actually liked me were afraid to admit to it. It would make their life difficult.  Once home I set to work on clearing up my book room so that Hanbin would have a place of his own to sleep for the night. I left Hanbin and Jennie to themselves, feeling strangely alone again, worried that I was on the verge of losing my wife. Worried, but at the same time maybe a little happy for her. She would be better off with her family, I reminded myself.  I certainly wouldn't be better off without her, though. 

Jennie POV

I helped Hanbin settle into the guest bedroom, hoping Lisa  didn't resent the shuffling around of his books. Han and I talked about a lot before bed, most of it was private since Lalisa did her own things. I figured she was still upset about the Seer, and knew we'd have to address that soon. I told Hanbin about the babies, and he had a few more shocked things to gape about there. I did blush when he came around to the fact that Lisa had a penis like a dog, and Han laugh-giggled about it, which was at least better than the disgusted response I'd been expecting.  "So, you're happy here? With Lisa? If you're not, I can take you back and ..." Han said, taking my hands in his.  "I'm happy with Lisa, mostly." I frowned. "Things are a little rough right now but I'm going to talk with her before bed and we'll get better." When Hanbin just waited, I told him about the Seer and our trip there. 

Hanbin was frowning sympathetically when I'd finished. "I'm sorry that happened. You know, many, many men in our society aren't faithful. They have mistresses, and visit whores."  "And if I'd married Kai, I wouldn't have cared. I only care because I love Lisa, that makes all the difference." I told Han, who laughed.  "You? You told me you'd never loved anyone, and never would! You said it was silly!" Hanbin said, and laughed again, but then saw I was serious and gave me a hug. "Alright Nini, I'm sorry."  "I didn't realize I didn't want her to have children with anyone else until ... I mean I still don't know if I want her children right now, really, but it's happening and I want to be the only one to have her children. And it took me so long to get over enjoying sex with her, to tell myself it was alright, and then I feel like just when I get past that, I have to accept her making love to someone else." I was crying again, all over Hanbin, who rubbed my back soothingly and rocked me a little. It was nice to have someone not involved in the mess to talk to and comfort me.

  "To be fair, I hardly think she made love to her. Fucked her, yes. But it doesn't sound like she wanted to, either. You said it had to be done." Han said.  "Yes, to save you from your stupid quest to come get me!" I snapped, hitting him lightly, though I knew he'd know by my tone I didn't really mean it. "And find out what will happen down each of our possible future paths. Though I've been thinking about others. If he doesn't want to fight HyunSuk, I'll either kill myself or try to do it myself. I'm considering trying to do it myself anyway, just something different, something that'll give us more hope we haven't heard about. I don't know." I sighed. "I don't know how to fight, I'd have to shoot him with an arrow, and I'm not even great with a bow."  "Why don't you try to work things out with Lisa first, make sure you two will be alright huh? And then figure out the future. What's the point of making long term plans if you're not going to make it to them?" He asked, rubbing my arm.

  I sighed. "We'll be fine. I love her. I mean, so long as her own guilt doesn't eat her up. She feels pretty bad about it I think." I shrugged. "Honestly, I'd probably forgive her wanting to take another wife, or something much more severe. It's hard to be angry and upset about it when she seems to be hurting so much too. I just want to comfort her."  "You have turned into quite the gentle hearted lady Nini, I think Hell has done you well." Han said, smiling at me and flicking his thumb over my chin. "Go make good with your wolf then. I promise not to peek in curiosity. Tonight."  I punched his shoulder hard and blushed deeply. But I only mumbled his name agitatedly in warning before I left him for the night.  I stopped off in the kitchen. I was eating more often now, when I wasn't queasy. I ate a little, but lost my appetite thinking of what Lisa and I would talk about. Then I went into our bedroom, looking for her.