40. E P I L O G U E

[Author’s Note: The ending chapter is here, and as a gift, I give you an elvish point of view. Beware though, there’ll be sexy times in the chapter though it is censored as best as possible. The reason why I put a rather sexy (but I swear it’s clean, no swearing) chapter is at the author's note at the end of the chapter. Enjoy!

PS: I happen to stumble across this song in the link (Beautiful World - Westlife) that first started the idea of this book in the first place. When I first listen to this song, an idea of a character with much darkness inside of her popped up. She's messed up, she's a broken human being, if you will, but then someone show her love and forgiveness and the fact that this world is still beautiful and worth living for. This song and the idea that came with it circled around in my months for months, probably a year, until I saw an ABC show called "Revenge" and then both idea of the character and the whole revenge theme from the movie clicked and started this whole book. If you've read this far, thankyou for getting in the ride with me till the end. Thankyou for loving my book and my story, it means a lot, and even to this day, my fanfics are still one of the greatest pleasure and achievement of my life. Sorry this turned a little rant ish but I just felt a sense of nostalgic hehehe. *in Matthew Mcconaughey  voice*: Alright alright alright, to the final chapter!!]

***

[LEGOLAS POV]

To say that I felt miserable was an understatement.

My heart ached almost all the time whenever I was not with her. Nothing that I did ever feel right nor it could provide me a resemblance of peace anymore.

When Eru brought her back to us, the moment she placed her hand on mine, I felt it. I felt our bond, and it only grew stronger every day. It was both a gift and a curse.

My heart longed for her presence everyday. Every hour, every minute. Even by just looking at her from afar would be enough to slightly ease the need in my heart, bringing some resemblance of peace of knowing that she was well and healthy. But to be the only one aware of our love and past relationship, this had proved to be such a sweet torture.

She didn’t remember me. She didn’t remember of the kisses we used to share. Of our vow to marry each other. Sorrow and pain plagued my heart, knowing that this feeling was one sided.

Maybe I should find her now. I could ask her to accompany me to train at the field.

Nay. It is silly. I do not think she wants to fight again after the last time David made her fight him at the training ground.

What about archery? Nay. Tis’ my thing, not hers.

I could ask her for a walk in the garden again.

Aye. That’ll do.

Ah, but I just asked her yesterday. Will it be too weird if I ask her again?

My heart sank at the realization of my endless, conflicting monologue. I longed to spend the day with her, but I just did not know how to do that without looking too obvious and scaring her away.

“David!” I called out to my companion. His head turned to see me, then he waved, grinning at me as I walked towards him. Noticing Lady Ella who was also present, I bowed my head in greetings. “My lady,” I smiled before turning my attention to the Rohan soldier.

“Hello, Prince Legolas,” he said in his usual mockery tone, one that lacked hostility and resentment to it. My smile grew wider at his playful tone. “Nice seeing you here. Looking for my amnesiac friend?” he asked knowingly, wriggling his brows. I chuckled.

“You know me so well. Have you seen her?”

“We don’t know,” he answered truthfully after a glance at Lady Ella, “But seeing that she often isolates herself like a monk these days, she might as well be in her chamber.”