Six

Tris's POV, 1 month later.

~~~

Today's the day that Matthew lets me out of this hospital. I'm glad, because I hate it. It's so depressing and dark in this room. The only thing that's helped me get through this month without being depressed is the thought that I'm one day closer to seeing my Tobias. My love. I also will get to see my daughter, Audrey. I'm still quite shocked that I have a daughter, but I'm also happy. Excited even. I'll have a family. That's what I want. Now that my parents are gone, I'll need a family to keep me going.

As Matthew helps me off my bed, I try to hold in my excitement. Today's the day I get to see my love. As I try to get up, though, I collapse. Matthew helps me up again, and walks me to the hospital entrance. I look at the rest of the hospital. It's abandoned, though. That would make sense. If Matthew kept his plan to bring me back from the dead a secret for fifteen years, then I guess the hospital would be empty. Only him and I know about me being alive.

Matthew brings me outside. I almost scream. The cold air touching my body after fifteen years, makes me shiver with excitement. I like this new feeling. Excitement. Longing. I don't know what the feeling is, but I like it!

Matthew brings me to his grey truck. He helps me in it, holding my waist. I feel uncomfortable, though. Only Tobias should be able to do that. As he starts the car, and we drive for a few moments he speaks up: "So, Tris...." he trails off, sounding awkward. "...remember what I told you about Tobias? He's going to be shocked. He might not even want to see you, at first. I know you probably think he's going to kiss and embrace you right away, but expect him to be quite distant for a while. He's going to be in denial. Same goes with Audrey as well." I've had lots of time to think about what Tobias' reactions going to be. I'd understand if he didn't believe that I was actually alive. But a part of me would probably be hurt. It's something to think about.

"What does Audrey look like?" I ask. I'm quite curious to what my daughter looks like.

"Just like you. She's small. She has blonde hair. She's you. She has Tobias' deep blue eyes, though." I nod as Matthew finishes his sentence. Then I get curious again.

"Is Caleb alive?" When going into that weapons lab, I sacrificed myself so Caleb could live. I hope Tobias forgave Caleb for that. It was my choice. I didn't have to, but I chose to. My abnegation is strong sometimes.

To answer my question, Matthew nods. We drive in silence until Matthew stops the car. "Are we here?"

"No. I want you to walk the rest of the way. Tobias and me are not in good shape together, so I would rather you just walk. Its only a five minute walk."

I don't want to walk, but I guess I have to. I'm still weak and tired, so it'll be a challenge. I thank him for everything and open the car door, while carefully coming out. I look back at Matthew and give a hopeful smile. I start on my new journey. My new life.

I read the piece of paper Matthew gave me, for finding the address. I read the letters on the page. Looking up, I see the house. I start to get butterflies in my stomach. Thoughts storm through my mind. I take a deep breath and walk up the path to the front door.

I almost run right in, but I stop myself, knowing this isn't my house yet, so I just knock. I wait for a second and someone opens the door. A girl. Looking about fifteen. Looking like me. Looking like my daughter, Audrey.

She looks at me with concern. It seems like she string to put the pieces together. I decide to speak up. "Hi. Umm. Is this the house of a man named Tobias Eaton?" I already know it is, because of the girl looking just like me.

"Yes." She replies quickly.

"May I speak to him, please?"

To answer my question, she says. "He's, umm, actually not here at the moment, but..."she trails off.

"Oh. Okay. Who are you?" I already know, but just to make sure.

"I'm Audrey Eaton, his dau...." She hesitates at that word. She seems almost mad. But she does continue. "...daughter..."

To play dumb, I ask another question. "He's married?"

"No, my mother died fifteen years ago." Like that's a shock, my eyes start to be glossy. I hold them in, the best I can. "You can come in if you'd like."

I nod and walk in. I notice the plain exterior. This must be abnegation where they live. Apparently there isn't any factions, so, I guess they live in the area where the abnegation lived.

To play dumb again, for Audrey, I ask, "Was your mother named Tris Prior?"

She looks at me, shocked. "Yes. Beatrice Prior, to be exact. You knew her?"

I stare her dead in the eyes and say. "I am her."
🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱
K, this is a quick update. It's gonna get more interesting. I've kinda had writers block, so that's why I haven't updated in a while. I was also at a friends all weekend

Thanks for voting.
Thanks for commenting.
Thanks for being you.

P.S. Comment, because I love getting comments. It boost my writing level up.😊