Thirteen

Audrey's POV.

I slam the door and run onto the path to school. I curse under my breath for most of the way. I hear someone call my name. I look up and see Christina.

"Hey, Audrey. How are you today?" Christina say,

"I'm good thanks."

'Hows your dad?" Thats when I remeber. Christina doesn't know that my mom, or Tris is alive. She wouldn't believe me, right? I mean I couldn't believe myself that she was alive, even though she was standing right infront of my eyes.

I decide to tell her, though, "He's good. Christina, I know this probably sound weird and totally unreal, but you have to believe me. Okay?"

She looks at me like I've gone mad, but then nods her head and  says, "Okay. I will."

I raise my eyebrows at her, then continue; "Tris is alive. Matthew made a serum that brought her back. She's alive, Christina."

Christina looks at me, then lets out the most mocking laugh I've ever heard. "Oh, okay. I totally beleive that, Audrey. Thats totally what happens everyday." Her sarcasm isn't that funny right now. I have a very serious face, and I think Christina can tell. "I'll go check for myself, kid. If that makes you happy. Have fun at school." She pats my shoulder then walks away.

* * * * * * * * *

The school bell rings just as I enter the building. I see a mob of rainbow dressed Teens enetering their classroom. I quickly run to my locker and put my lunch and bag in it.

I go to my grade ten classrom and take a seat. Then I remeber; todays math class.

The thing I hate about my math class is...everything! From being quite premature from birth, I got a learning disability. I have problems remebering things and working things out mentally in my head. The rest of my class isn't gracious, though. I get bullied so much. They call me motherless or retarded. It hurts being called those things. Maybe not motherless anymore, but being called retarded really hurts.

"Miss. Eaton? Come up here and do the equation I was just saying."

Crap, I think to myself. Daydreaming takes it's toll on my life too.

Suddenly something happens, I start to cry. I don't know why. Maybe it's because of the girls snickering in the back or maybe its the pressure of having my learning disability. But crying?

I suddenly do something else unexpected. I run out of the classroom. As I run I hear enormous amounts of laughing coming from my immature classmate. I also hear Mrs. Martin, my teacher calling my name. I don't stop, though. I run until I'm out of the school. I run untill I'm out of my town. I run until I reach the woods. We're not aloud to go in them, or at least I'm not, but I do.

I canter in the woods until I see a log that would be good for sitting on. I take my seat, I try to catch my breath and I cry, yet again. I want to run away, but with my mom alive, I also want to stay. I'm torn between to sides; staying or leaving.

Leaving my house, basically my life, it would be so easy. Running away, never seeing my father, never seeing anyone. I hate almost everyone. But my mom. I want to get to know her. I always wanted a mom. I would always get jealous that my friends had moms. Why can't I just be happy?

After four hours of sitting on the log, crying into my hands and thinking , I decide to sleep here. What could hurt me, right? It's spring so it's pretty mild outside. I get my jacket that was in my backpack and put in on. I also get some pine needles from a tree. They can be my 'mattress for the night'. Right when my head hits my back pack pillow, I'm put into a slumber.

My dreams are quite reckless. Almost like someone's carrying me in the real word. I dream of fighting off my fears and having someone that cares.