Fifteen

.Audrey's POV.

I open my groggy eyes and look around at the room I'm in. It's not the same room, though. It's not the one where I was hooked up to tubes. It's my grandma's house. My grandma Evelyn's house. I see suddenly see her at the end of the room I'm in. She's mot doing anything evil just...knitting.

"Sleep well, you little run away?" She say while giving off a little giggle. "Why did you run away?' she asks.

I look at her confused; Wasn't she just with a lady named Jeanine, hooking me up to tubes? Basically kidnapping me? But I answer, "Yes." Were those dreams nihtmares? Then something beams in me, "Grandma? I was in the woods. How am I here?"

She gives off a little smile and says, "I was just going into the woods to get some wild tree nuts, and ran into you. I was quite shocked, Audrey. The last thing I was exspecting to see would be my granddaughter sleeping in the dark woods." She looks at her knitting needles and continues, "Why were you sleeping in the woods? That's what I want to know."

I look at my grandma, hesitant to tell her why, but then I do say why. "It's my dad, Grandma. All my life I have been neglected by him. He's ignored me. He never showed love to me. Then just suddenly.." I suddenly start to cry, "He wants to be my dad. When something good happened to him, he suddenly loves me. I just can't..."I let out a sob," I just cant except that." I hold my hands to my face and cry. I don't care that my grandma is there.

"Audrey, I know that it hurts being neglected by your father for so long, but you have to understand It's painful loosing someone you love. I should know. Your Fathers Father, your grandpa,..I.....I thought I loved him, but when Tobias was born he started treating me so badly. It was so painful, painful because I lost someone I loved. Lost something I cared about. I then realized, Audrey, from me being angry everyday I learned this; Anger will help you survive for a while, but It'll soon eat you alive. That's what happened to me. I let my anger rise up, but It just brought me down as a person. I beg you, Audrey, That you find in your heart a place to forgive your dad. I know he realizes what he's done. He must want to be another man. Your dad, he wants to be that. Please, you have to forgive him."

I let the words of my grandma sink in; Anger will help you survive for a while, but it'll soon eat you alive.

I remember something; I vaguely remember it, but do know that it happened. I rember when I was four years old. I was crying, because of the storm outside, then my dad came in my room and started rubbing me head, while cooing soothing words to me. He then did something that I wasn't expecting. He started singing. His voice was so beautiful. I remember the words to his lullaby perfectly:

Wandering child of the earth, do you know just how much you're worth? You have walked this path since your birth, you were destined for more. There are those who'll tell you you're wrong, they will try to silence your song, but right here is where you belong, so don't search anymore. You are the dawn of the new day that's waking, a masterpiece still in the making. The blue in the ocean of grey. You are right where you need to be. Don't you worry. Because I love you.

I looked up at my dad, who was still stroking my head. I saw the tears dripping down his face. He looked at me, and kissed my forhead, whispering "I love you."

After that he never showed any emotions of love to me. But remembering that stormy right now, is enough now, that I can forgive him.
🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱
.The song that Tobias sings to Audrey is called "The Wanderer's lullaby" Its so pretty and I thought it would go well with my story. Anyways check out the Writer of the songs YouTube channel; audrisaurus. All rights go to her. ☺️