Hard to wait

Kathir struggles to concentrate at the shop that day. He tries to focus on his work but he just cannot. He just keeps thinking about her. He is constantly reminded of her for every little thing. Her face, her smell, that smile, those soft plump lips he can almost feel it in him now just as she had kissed him, no she bit him this morning. Kathir touches his lips with a smile lost in the moment, lost to the world.

Saravanan loudly- Kathir anne.. anne.. evlo neram kupadrathu..

K startled- Ha.. sollu mulla..

He instantly realizes his mistake and bites his tongue but jeeva and saranavanan who are in the shop with him hear it. Saravanan bursts out laughing and jeeva is smiling.

K mindvoice- Sutham.. ipa nama sethom..

Jeeva- Ele antha pullaya pathi than imbuttu neram yosichu iruthiya. Avan una katu kathu kathi kupadren kandukave ila??

K-Ila... Athu.. vai thavari..

Saravavn- Annanuku Anni nyabagamave iruku pola. Athan..  Oru etu veetuku poi pathutu vanga..

K- Ila ila.. na theriyama tha..

Jeeva- Elam engalukku theriyuthu.. Nee veetuku poi saptutu engaluku eduthutu va. Na polam nu iruthen. Ana ipa irukara nelamaiku nee pona than nalathu..

K blushing- na ipidilam onum ila..

Jeeva- Nambitom nambitim..

K mindvoice- Apada veetuku polam.. Avala pakalam..

Kathir rushes to the house. As usual mulla, meena, kannan and dhanam are sitting in the hall. Mulla brightens up immidiately on seeing him. He smiles at her hardly noticing others.

K mindvoice-  Embuttu tharava parthalum iva inum azahgaite pora.. epidi ??

Dhanam- Dei kathriu.. Sapda vanthutiya?? Mama varen nu sonara??

She looks at him and realizes he is not even paying attention to her. Smiling she signals meena.

Meena tapping mullai- Konjam intha olagathu vaanga rendu perum. Avanga avar kita than pesaranga nu kuda therila avarukku.

Kathir and mullai both start blushing. Dhanam, meena and kannan mock him for sometime.

Dhanam- Seri sapadu eduthu veikaren.. Nee poi kal kaiya kazhuvittu va.

He goes inside. Dhanam is about to get up when

Mulla- Akka neega than kooda seiringa ila. Na poi vekaren.. ungaluku ethuku kashtam..

Dhanam smiling- Athu seri. Enaku Oru kashtamum ila.. Ana na pona unaku than kashtanu puriyuthu. Po poi unga mama va neeye gavani..

Mulla goes in happily. Kathir has just finished washing his hands when he sees her. Mullai hands him the towel. He extends his hand to take it from her staring at her. Their fingers brush and he instantly catches her hand. Mulla is instantly reminded of this morning when he held her hand and pulled her to him.  Both of them stare at each othe hearts racing thiking of the mornings events..

Dhanam from the hall- Mulla, apalam dabbala vechurken. Atha podu..

Kathir takes his hand away reluctantly and goes and sits down to est. She starts serving him.

K- Nee saptiya?

M- Hmm sapten. Neega varuvanga nu theriyathu. Ilana wait panirpen.

K- Enaku kadala Oru vela oodala.. Un nyabagamave iruku..

M blushing- Ingayum athe nelama than.

K- Ipa kuda seri nu sollu odamba serila nu soli veetlaye iruthren..

M- Aasaya paaru. Ungala yarum namba mathatha.. Neega ethuku kadaiku pola nu Anniku therijudum.. Aparam thai poosam nu soli vera kamipaha. Paravaillaye..

K- Aiyo nee solrathu seri than.. Aparam kariyame ketudum..

Mulla laughs and both of them just look at each other. Kathir hardly notices what he is eating. There is a peice of rice stuck in the corner of his lips. Mulla stares at it transfixed.

M mindvoice- Sapdrathu kuda ambuttu azhaga iruku..  Ana thatta pakave matengadaha. Ena ippidi patha na ena panrathu..

Without thinking much mulla reaches out and takes that piece of rice from his lips. He looks up startled. Mulla not noticing puts it into her mouth. She realizes what she had done only a second later. She looks down blushing and can hardly look at him. He is staring at her with such an intense look that she feels all all hot and bothered.

K in a raspy voice- Saapadu pothum.. Roomku Oru nimisham va..