𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝑔𝑜𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒𝒹

Logan couldn't believe his eyes, someone was finally moving into the house across the street. No one had lived in that house since his best friend- Blair. She disappeared off the face of the earth when they were in 7th grade. She was there one moment, then gone in the blink of an eye.

She was his best friend, and she was just gone. No one knows what happened to Blair Williams. But obviously it was nothing good. So when Logan received  the news that 2 months after her daughter's disappearance -Mrs.Williams- had remarried, he was shocked to say the least.

They had always seemed like the perfect mother and daughter duo. Blair had never known her father, as he was just a man her mother share a single night with. But her mother had seemed to always have everything under control. It was baffling how everything changed overnight. Now, she didn't even seemed concerned with the fact that her daughter was gone.

What was even more crazy, was that Mrs.Williams has never reported her daughter missing. Claiming that she knew exactly where her daughter was. In fact she told everyone that Blair wanted a new start. Away from everyone.

Logan was crushed when he heard that. His best friend had just left him. By the time police decided to question the woman, she was gone with her new husband. Never to be heard from. Of course this raised suspicions all around town.

Grown woman would talk about the mysterious family and where the girl could possibly be, as it was known there was no other family around. It was just the two of them. Of course these rumors spread to the children, where Logan had to listen to all the awful things said about his former best friend.

No one ever purchased the house that the two used to live in. Many believed if you were to enter the house you would find the remains of the young girl. The house was then abandoned. No one wants to live in a house that could hold the soul of girl gone too soon.

Logan had never been in the house while the two were best friends, she always insisted on going to his house instead. The outside looked fine, so he didn't question it. But after the police searched the house, he started to think that maybe his best friend's life wasn't as perfect as she made it out to be. Maybe, just maybe, she was hiding a lot more than anyone could ever imagine behind that smiling face. It's always the happiest ones with the darkest secrets, right?

"Let's go meet the new neighbors!" Yelled Elena, Logan's little sister.

She came running down the stairs with chocolate all over her chubby little cheeks. Logan picked up the 6 year old girl and placed her on his hip.

"Were you eating chocolate, missy?"

Elena gives him a sheepish grin.

"Maybe." She says with an evil smile on her face.

Laughing, Logan adjusted her on his hip. He couldn't ever be mad at the little girl. She had been a miracle. Logan was always an only child, but his mother and father had always wished for a second child. When they told Logan they were pregnant with a little girl, he was over the moon.

He was going to be a big brother. He was so excited.

"Let's get you cleaned up first."

Elena giggled and jumped out of her brothers arms to run to the kitchen. After cleaning up the little girls face, Logan's mom came down the stairs and to the kitchen where the two were.

"Are you guys ready to go meet the new neighbors?"

Elena nodded and started to jump up and down. Lisa looked at her son and noticed the distant look on his face. She had always been concerned for him after Blair had left. He was never one to talk about his feelings so he would never admit he was hurting, but it was clear 12 year old Logan couldn't handle the thought of losing someone so close.