The Unexpected Meeting

Nadine's POV

Now that I know that Im pregnat what will I do? Im not prepared for the responsibility yet and the worse thing is I dont even know the last name of the guy that impregnated me.

After few hours of thinking, I decided to call Michaela. Whenever I have problems she is the first person that I usually contact because she gives good advice.

Michaela answered after three rings.

"Hey Nadine whats up?"

"Micz I need you can you come here right now?"

"Is there something wrong Nadine? Ok I'll come there now."

After an hour Michaela arrived.

"Nadine whats wrong?"

"Micz I dont know how to tell you. I dont know how you will react on this thing that I will say." I said while struggling to choose tje right words.

"Nadine Im your friend Ive known you since forever. You know you can tell me anything and you know that I will never judge you."

"Im pregnant."

Michaela sits in front of me dumbfounded about what I just said. It took her couple of seconds before she process what I have said, but when she recovered from the shock she starts bombarding me with questions.

"Your pregnant? How, when and with who?" she ask led confusely.

"You heard me right Im pregnant. Do you remember our first night in Las Vegas? You see when I go to the bar I met a guy and whe kind of hooked up. With regards to who that is actually a big problem. I only know his first name." I said sadly.

"Did he left you any contact number or anything?"

"No. I think for him Its just a one night stand. When I wake up the next morning he is nowhere to be found."

"So whats your plan?"

"I'll still continue to work. I will also tell Douglas about my situation. You know he is like a father to me."

The next morning I get dress and come to work. When I arrived I go straight to Douglas's office.

"Hey Douglas!"

"Hi Nadine goodmorning. What wrong?" he asked me confusely because he is not accustomed of me calling him by his first name.

"Uhm. I actually have something important to discuss with you about. Do you have a minute?"

"Yes ofcourse. I am also planning on speaking with you today actually."  he said smiling at me.

"Oh! So what do you want to talk to me about?" I ask curiously

"My son is actually here right now. Im quite surprise that he arrived earlier than expected."

"Yeah you told me that he will arrive next month right?"

"Thats correct but little did I know that my son arrived three months ago. He told me he just want to have some time on his own before he take over the business."

"I see. So where is he now?"

"Give me a minute Im going to call him. He is in my private room."

After a few minutes Douglas emerged from his private room, but what surprised me the most is the person who emerged from the room next to Douglas. I blink three times to confirm if what Im seeing is for real.

"Nadine I want you to meet my son Christopher O'Connor."

I cant hide the surprise look in my face but I think Im not the only one that is surprise here.l, because base on Christopher's face he is also surprise to know that I am his fathers secretary.