Two

I drank the last sip of my hot chocolate, the cocoa taste melting in my mouth as I stood up and discarded the cup

I drank the last sip of my hot chocolate, the cocoa taste melting in my mouth as I stood up and discarded the cup. My mind was still focused on the cute red haired guy but I needed to get home at the same time before the rain turns into a storm.

I bit my lip, lost in thought on what on earth I should do, my head ringing on the possibilities.

One; I could just dash out and run to my house which was two blocks away but the con was that I would get soaked and probably fall sick the next day in addition to the cold weather outside.

Okay, bad idea....Plan B..Plan B..

I didn't realize that I was standing in front of the library door like an awkward, indecisive and homeless human being who didn't want to leave the library cuz I didn't have a place to live.

Maybe I am. Or maybe I was just overthinking.

'Um...excuse me?' a deep voice echoed behind me. I turned around, taken by surprise and my eyes went wide as I saw the person who stood five inches from me.

In the name of god I-

The first thing I saw was his blazing red hair which looked so soft to the touch that I literally just wanted to run my fingers through it. Our eyes met and I blinked. Once. Twice. His piercing gaze through his black nerdy glasses made me wonder whether I had ever seen such beautiful chocolate brown eyes in my entire life.

Maybe I haven't.

My brain stopped functioning for an entire minute as I realized that he was beyond ethereal when he was closer. 

'Um..I-' I tried to say something sensible but nothing sensible came up to my non-sensible stupid brain.

Wow. So much for a great first impression.

I hastily moved away from the door, allowing him space to move out so that I can get myself over from my embarrassment but he didn't.

He glanced at the door and the pouring rain outside and grabbed his umbrella and looked back at me.

'Are you waiting for someone?' his voice echoed through my head.

'W-waiting?...no' I smiled casually trying to sound normal while answering his question.

Stop stuttering you idiot My head replied.

'So you're going alone?' he asked in a polite manner.

Such a cute and polite boy. I thought. But please stop asking questions cuz my mind can't process them right now.

'Technically, yes but I'm just figuring how to...um..runtomyhouseintherainwithoutgetting soakedorslippingintheroad' I said it all in one breath and smiled, instantly regretting after saying such a stupid phrase.

His eyebrows arched and a slight giggle came out of his mouth.

I'm so stupid. I'm the stupidest human on planet earth. Park MinAh the most idiotic-'

Where do you live?he smiled.

Should I say where I live?? Maybe he could be a stalker or something. My head said.

Are you out of your damn mind? He is NOT a stalker oh my god just say it. My brain said.

'I live nearby' I answered plainly, still smiling like an idiot to make this not awkward when it was awkward.

'Do you want me to drop you? I live nearby too' he asked straightforwardly while ending his line with that heart-throbbing smile.

Such a simple and polite question; yet my heart was doing weird things in my ribcage.

I bit my lip unknowingly. 'Um..no it's fine like you will get late I um- I can wait till the rain stops' 

Idiot. You should have said yes. Now he's gonna think that you're an antisocial hypocrite or something.

Oh, just shut up.

I inhaled a firm breath to stop the constant two-sided bickering in my head; clearing my thoughts.

Giving him one last smile, I stared into his eyes, waiting for him to just forget about me and leave already since I was feeling uncomfortable at this situation. It wasn't him that made me uncomfortable, it was the thoughts in my head and the fact that I humiliated some part of myself a few seconds ago. My body felt hot, my cheeks were burning although I wasn't even wearing any warm clothes; just a croptop and a pair of 3 quarter jeans.

I never felt like this before around someone; this much of an impact. And I usually got along with most people since I could read their mind and hear their thoughts; intentionally or unintentionally. I know its violating their privacy in some sort but I just can't help it, I can't explain to them without being called a crazy or stupid person who has gone out of her mind so I try to not intrude only if its needed. But this guy; he was a whole another mysterious case to solve.

'I don't think the rain will stop even for another hour or so' he suddenly spoke, drifting me back to reality. I saw him glance back at the dark clouds and then back at me. 'The library will probably close before it's gone'

'Ohhh'

So he was a cute, polite AND smart guy. Well true fact right there...I was actually going to end up being a stupid homeless human once the library throws me out; sooner or later.

Just keep your unnecessary overthinking thoughts aside for once MinAh.

But it was now or never.

I looked up at him, he was already smiling softly; a pure boxy smile that melted me.

'So....you're coming?' he raised his left eyebrow slightly in a questioning manner.

'Yeah, thank you' I nodded as I followed him out of the door, a goofy smile beginning to etch on my face.

A/N: I know its been SOOOO DAMN LONGG since I updated ughh..lots of things happened n all that I didn't have time to write 😭 Thank u for those who were waiting for an update; thank u for ur patience n ur support, I really appreciate it. Anyways this is just the beginning of a long drive so hope u are ready for a hell lot of soft/ fluff moments :)

And also, everyone plz take care of urselves from the covid19 if its affected in ur country. Please stay safe. I love u all ❤❤

-zara