Four

'UGH, oh my god I'm so glad that we're finally here' she let out a breath as she staggered down to the entrance of the apartment building

I smiled as I watched her. She had been half hugging and holding onto me the entire time it had started thundering. I didn't mind it at all, but the warmth of her close to me gave me chills for no apparent reason as she had held on to me like a little baby.

Strands of her long black hair had escaped her messy bun and I noticed a few streaks of teal blue highlights that stood out in her hair. She was adjusting her hair and I realized that she looked really cute with my sweater on. I hastily closed the umbrella and stepped into the cooling air conditioned atmosphere.

'If you don't mind me asking, which apartment no. are you in?' Her eyes gleamed as she asked.

'Oh, it's apartment 0162' I answered.

I didn't really have a get-to-know me with my floor mates so I didn't basically know anyone except for the fact that an 80 year old grandma lived next to my apartment.

Her dark grey eyes lit up 'Wow, that was close. I'm in 0171'

'That's cool!' I chuckled as we got in the elevator, glad that I had the chance to get to know someone here.

'At least we're on the same floor' she added as she clicked on the button with no.3

'Yeah' I smiled. 'Oh wait, I didn't ask your name right?' A sudden realization dawned upon me.

'Didn't you?' she was surprised as well in her turn. 'Oh yes you didn't! You didn't tell me yours!'

'Wow it's crazy that I forgot that. I'm Kim Taehyung. It was nice to meet you'

She let out a small laugh. 'Getting on formalities aren't we? I'm Park MinAh'

'MinAhhh, That's a nice name'

Her cheeks turned pink as she blushed when I dragged the last syllable a bit when I said her name. 'Well, I never really thought about it that way but thank you' she smiled,  two tiny dimples appearing on her cheeks.

The elevator gave out a 'tling' as the metal doors slid open to the familiar floor.

We walked through the now deserted hallway lighted with yellowish faded and dim lights on the side as our even footsteps echoed over the floor. The atmosphere was chilly and my eyes scanned over the tiny silver metal strips embedded to the wooden doors. Recalled her apartment no, my eyes stopped on the one a few meters away.

'Is that your one?' I motioned towards the one with 0171.

She nodded. 'Yup that's mine' I walked with her towards her apartment and before she entered her passcode, her eyes glanced up at me.

'You know...' she started. 'I can't thank you enough for this. If you didn't drop me here I don't know what would've probably happened'

'You would've fallen sick if you had taken the thought of running here for sure' I grinned as she her lips curled into a smile. 'It's not safe either, who knows what could've happened on the way'

Why was I sounding so worried about it?

'Yeah, probably' She let out a sigh. 'You know what? Just let me make a hot chocolate for you'

'Wait..what??' My eyes widened at her sudden exclamation.

Her eyes transformed into cute doe eyes, almost pleading. 'Come on, that's the least I could do for you for what you did for me!'

'I-' I didn't know what to say, my brain refused to corporate with my heart that was thundering in my ribcage just like the howling thunder outside.

Her lips pouted as she blinked. 'Why? You don't like hot chocolate? Then I'll make something else for you!'

'Nooo..it's fine. This was nothing much, you don't need to do this' I shook my head. 

'Aishh, come on. Don't be shy! I'll pay you back for helping me today later, but for now just appreciate my token of thanks'

My cheeks heated up as I blinked.

It's just a hot chocolate, calm down man. I said to myself.

And before I knew it, the door clicked open with her passcode and she pulled me straight into her apartment.

A/N: Heyyy everyone! sorry for the late update, I was just caught up with some stuff lol. I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy this quarantine!! Please vote and comment your thoughts I'll be more loyal on updating regularly I promise! Thank you so much, your support means a LOT to me. I love you all❤

-zara