VIII

It's saturday night already and Dome can't stop himself from worrying about Pavel who haven't went back to their house since yesterday morning, they're supposed to get their divorce papers after their work but Pavel didn't even went to their office when Dome thought the latter left earlier.

He tried to call their friends to ask if they have met with Pavel and all of them answered no they didn't, Dome even contact one of the trainer he knows the gym they always go but he said the guy haven't visit there.

This feel un usual to him, Pavel's phone was dead, and the guy didn't contact him not even once. Everyone they mutually know have said the same thing that they never see the guy.

He don't want to think that something worst have happend to Pavel, he just can't.

Maybe he is just out with a girl.
   Dome thought. But then, he knows the guy will never waste his two days like that.

His last resort is calling Pavel's parents.

He was about to call Pavel's mother when then he heard their main door opened.

"Ha ha ! Dome!" Pavel called laughing, as he saw the guy who hurriedly stand up from the couch.

"Shia Phoom why are you drunk!" Dome shouts, not knowing if he should be mad or should be worried, but one thing for sure he is relieved that the guy finally went back.

He run to Pavel, catching the guy who almost fall on the floor as he stumbles while walking.

"Where have you been you shit!" Dome scolded.

"I went to this new bar! You see they're open for 24 hours!" Pavel answered, wrapping his arms around Dome's neck who is helping him to walk to the couch.

"I didn't— I didn't realized I have stayed there for two days! It's funny! They will be closing tonight—The bartender said I should leave, because—couse I was there for two days!"

"Hah! I stay there fo–two days! It's funny! You should come with me sometime there!"

"Stay there I'll get you some water." Dome said as he put Pavel on the couch.

"Oh no! My motorbike! Dude I forgot my motorbike!" Pavel shouts trying to stand up but have no balance.

"You can get it tomorrow. Drink this." Dome said as he hand Pavel a glass of water.

"Stay there I'll go get some warm water and small towel so you will be freshen up a bit." Dome said, he was about to walk away but Pavel grab his wrist.

"Don't leave me." Pavel said.

"I will just going to get some warm water."

"No, stay here just a bit please?" He pleaded, now holding both of Domes hand.

"You stink so bad you know." Dome said, sitting beside Pavel.

"Sorry, I will go take a shower later." He said looking to his hands that are holding Dome's.

"Why did you even make yourself go drunk for damn two days?"

"I didn't intend too."

"I was just planning to have a few booze, for you know. —to have a strength."

"Huh?"

"Strength to sign those divorce papers." Pavel uttered, now hiding his face on his hands.

"I haven't signed it too." Dome informed.

"Why?" Pavel asked in confusion as he looked up to Dome who have his head down.

"I don't know. Maybe I'm waiting for you to sign it first–or something." Dome shrugged his shoulders and answered. Pavel just slowly nods.

The two of them just remained silent for god knows how long until Pavel told Dome that he will be taking a shower, and Dome should go to his room and sleep now.

---------------------------------

After taking a shower, Pavel lay on his bed without even properly drying his hair. He try to make himself fall as sleep but he can't, His head is aching so bad and everything feels like a mess.

He was then massaging his own forehead when he heard the door suddenly opened, and so do the lights. He looked up to see Dome holding a tray of he assumes a food.

"I made you some porridge, this is just instant cook but at least your stomach is not empty before you take some medicine." Dome said putting the tray on the side table, before sitting beside Pavel who also sat up.

"You shouldn't have." Pavel said, but still drink on the glass of water before grabbing the bowl of porridge that Dome is handing him.

The two just remain silence until Pavel have finally finish his food, Dome hand him the glass of water and medication for his headache.

"Thanks." Pavel said, and Dome nod.

"I have to take care of my stupid husband after all." Dome said smiling while he shakes his head.

"I burned the divorce papers." Dome stated, making Pavel shock and be confused.

"What? Why?" Pavel asked.

"I just did, I don't know. Maybe—hoping that you're gonna came up with another dumb idea just like what you have did a year ago." Dome said as he start fidgeting his hands.

"You always come to my room every night this past few days— kissing my forehead, saying goodnight— saying you love me when you thought I'm asleep. Then suddenly you will not be home, then now your back drunk. And you said you stayed two days in the bar to– I don't know, gather strength to sign those papers.......I—I don't understand it Phoom, you always say and do that every night. I'm waiting for you to say those last words you told me last thursday night by the day we need to get those papers but you didn't." He said, trying not to make himself cry.

"Y-You're awake everytime I go to your room?" Pavel asked, ignoring everything that Dome have said except from that statement when he said he have been awake and knows and heard all his confession to the guy who he thought was asleep everytime he do.

Dome then just nod, still looking at his fidgeting hands.

"Damn you, do you know how much I feel embarrass now that I know you're awake everytime I go to your room at night." Said Pavel as he pull Dome into his embrace.

"You're stupid, I'm more embarrass because I just confessed that I let you do it every night and just pretend to be asleep." Dome said hitting Pavels arm not so hard before returning his hug.

Pavel then let go of their hug, making a space between them.

He hold both of Domes eyes and look straight into his husbands eyes.

"So... What if we make it real this time?"
                  Pavel asked, biting his lower lip as he wait for Domes responds.

"Why I keep agreeing to your dumb idea?"
              Dome said. Breaking the space between them, he wrapped his arms around Pavel's neck and kissed him. But this time it's not just a quick peck like what they have done on their wedding or that morning when he stole a kiss to him. This time he make sure that he savours it, and he knows that's what Pavel is also doing as he return every kisses to him.