Chapter 6

Chapter 6

It didn't take long for us to head back to our hotel suite. Eva ask asked me why my bodyguard was pissed. I couldn't give her clear answer.

When we entered the suite, Marcus had walked pass me. The slamming of his bedroom's door signaled me to just leave him alone. It was obvious how ticked off he was. It had to be for a reason. I know I'm not the resson for it, so I decided to let him cool it off. I was exhausted so I took a long nap.

By the time I woke up it was already dark outside. I took a nice shower. Then I changed into a high waited pants and a off the shoulder sweater. I want to go out to dinner and have a glass of wine. Maybe Marcus would enjoy that too. The hotel has a five star restraunt downstairs that I plan to take full advantage of.

My phone rings. I answer immediately. "Chloe Aslan."

"Hey, stranger." The husky voice says on the other line.

I really need to start looking at the caller ID before answering. "Hi, King." I try to hide my excitement.

"Hi, my flight got delayed until tommorow morning. Maybe if you're not busy, we can have dinner together."

I did a little happy dance. "Of course. I'm starving actually. Um... there's a restrauant in my hotel. We can go there if you'd like."

"I was thinking something a little less fancy. There's a diner close to my hotel. How does that sound?"

I try to hide my disappointment. I was hoping to drink a glass of Domaine Leroy Musigny Grand Cru. It's a wine my mom has got me hooked on. Only a few restaurants carry it. The one downstairs being one of them. "Great." I reply. "I haven't been in a diner in years. Do I meet you there?"

"I can come get you, if you want."

"That's fine. How soon can you pick me up?"

"Where are you staying?"

"Aurora Grand."

He whistled dramatically. "That's pretty fancy. I'm glad we aren't eating there." He jokes. "I'm not far. I'm staying at a Hilton. I'll be there in about ten mintues or do you need more time?"

"No. I'm already ready. Text me when you're here and I'll meet you outside."

"I will. See you soon, Chloe."

"See you soon, King." I ended the call.

I can't say I'm not disappointed, but I'm going on a date with an amazing guy. So it evens it out. I take a look in the mirror. My outfit is perfect. I tame the fly away hairs that my nap caused. I looked at my black birkin on the desk. Maybe I shouldn't take my purse to a restrauant. A birkin would cause unnecessary attention. I take some cash out my wallet, my ID, my credit card, and a pair of sunglasses. I put it in my pockets and doubled checked that my phone is completely charged. It is. Perfect.

I heard the bing on my phone. I smiled at the text that notifies me that's he's down stairs. I quickly put on my comfortable black moccasins before I leave my room.

I stop outside Marcus's door. He's probably still not in a good mood. I don't think he'd even want to go out. I hear the faint noise of the shower starting to run inside. I mean nothing can possibly happen to me with King right? Marcus doesn't have to come. He can just relax and have time to himself.

I know that all of the staff working at the Summon's is heavily investigated before they attend such a prestige event. For security purposes. Although I'm not stupid enough to go anywhere alone at night with a guy I barley know either. So I'll just tell Jared to have one of the hotel's guards  follow us. And just like that I convince myself to leave Marcus out of it.