Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I must have misheard. Isla did not just bring this up to-

"Your seeing someone?" My dad asks.

I nervously shake my head. "No. Of course not." I say way too fast to sound believable.

"I did see that picture of you and a boy. What was his name?" My mom questions.

"King." Isla pitches in. "But it's not him. She's hiding the guy that gave her the world's largest hickey."

"What?" My dad drops his fork. "What did you say?"

"Omer, calm down. She's an adult."

I eye both my parents. "It was an accident."

"Must have been a very good accident by the looks of it." Isla teases.

I glare at her. "Did I forget to tell you, you're my least favorite sister?" She laughs.

"You're too young to be involved with someone." My dad roars.

"Omer-"

"Stay out of this Cora. She's too young and that's final."

"She's twenty-two, turning twenty-three. She's bound to have a boyfriend some time."

I stop their argument. "I'm seriously not with anyone right now. When I am. I'll let you all know. Can we please drop it?"

One of our maids comes to view. Yes! Saved by the bell. "Mr. Aslan, you have a visitor."

We all hear a yell. "Omushie!" We heard him before we saw him. "There you are, Aşk! Omushie!" Erol Tekin races like a tornado to dad. He tries to sit on his lap, but my dad is quick to throw him off. Great just great. Mr. Diva is here. "Oh, Omushie I've missed you too." He stands up and dusts off his purple coat before zooming his eyes to my mother. He squits dramatically and hisses. "Witch."

"What are you doing here, Erol?" My dad asks in no mood to deal with him.

"I came with Bambi. Hayatının tek gerçek aşkı. Of course." (The only true love of your life.) I look at the entrance on the patio and notice Veronica coming this way, pushing a stroller. My eyes widen. From my view yiu can see her clearly, but everyone is focused on Erol to notice.

"Can I nozzle him?" Gülizar asks.

"Do it." Fang encourages her.

Erol dramatically gasps. "Did no one teach you all to respect your eld-" He hestiates and taps his finger to his head, thinking. Then he giggles. "Nevermind, I'm just as young as you." He turn around confused. "Bambi? Come here! Why are you hiding your beauty away." I immediately eye my mom. She tenses at the visitor who just dared to enter our home. "Come show you're beautiful face to Omushie so the witches power can dissolve out of his eyes."

"Enough Erol. Karım hakkında tekrar kötü konuş, seni dışarı atacağım." (Talk bad about my wife again and I'll throw you out.)

"Hi, Omer." Veronica shyly greets. "Hi, Cora."

"What are you doing here Veronica?" My dad narrows his eyes at her.

Erol fake cries a little. "Tell him bambi. Tell him of your sacrifice out of love!" He pushes her forward.

Gülizar slams her hand on the table. "Bir kez daha hattan konuş, ben de dilini çıkarırım." (Talk out of line one more time, and I'll pull your tongue out.)

He dramatically places his hands over his heart. "You're a mini witch." He sticks his tongue out.

"Erol, please." Veronica silences him. She turns back to my dad. "I'm sorry for coming here unannounced. John said you'd be here. I came to take responsibility for what happening. I don't mind having the full blame put on me. Even if that means jail."