Chapter 17

Chapter 17

It took us less than ten mintues to arrive at the famous Mar-a-lago Resort. Gülizar has been ignoring my questions throughout the ride. She just pretends like she's can't hear me. So I give up. I look out the window as we drive through crowds of media. Men in suits run alongside the car, while more of the same push back the media from getting too close. The efficiency and discipline structure of the men is admirable. I'm guessing they're part of the Diplomatic Secret Service.

The limo stops at the entrance of the hotel. One of the men in suits opens the door and leans in. "I'm going to need you to stay in here for a few more moments. We are clearing the area to escort you to your rooms."

I nod in acknowledgement. He closes the door. After a few moments we're finally allowed to come out. We're individually escorted inside. Gülizar is taken towards the opposite side of the resort. I want to stop her and ask her what exactly she mean by mom knowing, but I let it go for now. I didn't need anyone understanding us by accident. When we finally reach the correct floor, we're greeted by four people lingering in the hall.

"Hello." A man steps forward. He's wearing his customary clothing that consists of a robe that covers his feet and a red patterned headscarf that frames his face. "I am Mohammed. I will be translating for Prince Abdul Bin Khan." He has a heavy accent.

"Nice to meet you." I shake his hand.

Another man steps forward and says a few words to my translator that I couldn't understand. "This is Ali, he's our coordinator." He informs me. "He says there's women waiting for you inside up to help you get ready. His royal excellency will be waiting downstairs for you in an hour."

"Thank you." They step aside to let Eva and I through the open door of the suite. I hear the door close behind me. We're greeted by a couple of strangers that I'm guessing is the women who will help me get ready. They are dressed conservatively like the ones outside, but all in black with their matching hijabs perfect in place. They quickly get to work while Eva relaxes on the sofa.

Finally after some time, I get fitted into a red glittery dress Zana sent from her emergency collection. One side is a full sleeve and the other is a bare. It freely falls to the floor. The high slit empathizes the train. Even with the tight fit, it's still conservative enough for an event like this. Though I am not required to wear a hijab, my hair was done in a classy low bun out of respect to those in attendance.

I go to the bathroom and side on the edge of the tub. I begin to rub some lotion on my legs when I see Eva taking pictures of me with my phone.

"Why are you taking pictures?" I ask her, finishing up.

"Isla, told me to take some for your Instagram account. I'll take some downstairs too before I leave."

"Fine." I cooperate by doing a few poses.

She stops. "A private number is calling." She says. "Do I answer it?"

"Yeah. See who it is."

I stand up and look into the mirror. I put in my earings in while she answers. "Chloe Aslan's phone, assistant Eva speaking, who is this?... oh... okay..." She hands me the phone. "It's your evil bodyguard." She whispers.

I answer it. "Hey." I wave Eva away to give me some privacy. 

"Where the fuck are you?" I hear a beeping sound in the background.

I wait for the bathroom door to close before answering. "I had to come to this gala that I didn't know about, but don't worry I have security watching over me. Why are you calling me from an private number?"