Chapter 30

Chapter 30

And crazy I have gone...

"Chloe."

I signal him to stop without turning back. "Stop calling my name. I'm fine. I'm so fine." I laugh uncontrollably when we finally enter the Genovese Mansion. I just stroll to the kitchen like I'm not fidgeting or losing my mind.

Marcus forces me to turn around and face him. He gives me a analytical look. Observing me like a science experiment. "I'm going to call Fero." He reaches into his pocket for his phone.

"No. No. No." I pull my arm away. "I'm fine. Really." I smils falsely. "See?" My exaggeration isn't really helping. I can tell by the suspicion in his eyes. I turn my back to him once again. Where the fuck is it? I start looking through the cabinets.

"Vieni qui adesso. Qualcosa non va in lei. Si sta comportando ... instabile." (Get here now. Something's wrong with her. She's acting...unstable.) I hear him talk on the phone behind me.

"Now I like dollars. I like diamonds. I like stunting. I like shining. I like million dollar deals. Where's my pen? Bitch I'm signin'." I sing the Cardi B song that just happens to pop into my head. "I like those Balenciagas, the ones that look like socks." I hestiate to think. "Those are actually really comfortable. I should buy more." I say to myself losing track of thought. I hum the rest of the song, slamming cabinet after cabinet because I can't find what I'm looking for. "Where are you my-" Got it. I find what I search for. I pull it out of the cabinet. "Vivi la vida loca." Or whatever donkey said. I open the bottle of tequila. "One tequila. Two tequila. Three Tequila. Floor." Bottoms up. I have every intention to chug the whole thing down, but it gets knocks out of my hand before I even get a sip. The bottle shatters on to the ground. The impact sends glass shards to fly everywhere.

"You're pregnant!" He towers over me menacingly. As if that's supposed to scare me. You know who scares the shit out of me? Helena. Now that bitch is scary.

I push him away. "Let me live my life."

I bend down to get the bottom part of the bottle that seems to be intact. I get pulled up roughly before reaching it. He shoves me against the island. "What the fuck is wrong with you? You're going to cut yourself."

I feel cornered and trapped. Not a very good thing to feel right now. My body just naturally reacts. I knee his manhood hard. He instantly let's me go to hold his family jewels. I use his distraction and run. I run as fast as I can away from him towards the back of the house. I hear the heavy footsteps follow behind me and orders for the guards to stand down. Oh, oh, someone's definitely not happy. Once I see the back door, I push it open. It hot? I'm hot. Oh shit it's hot. I need to cool off. I have to cool off. I don't know what's gotten into me, but the pool looks so inviting. I run towards it like my life depends on it.

"Chloe!"

I didn't second guess it when I jump in with gown and all. I instantly feel the cold water engulf me. Then silence. Complete silence. It's nice. I feel a sudden vibration. I look down and see the train of my gown stuck in one of the vents of the pool. I start to panicking when I notice the vent sucking in my gown and bringing me further down into the water. I pull at it with all my might, but it seems like it's making it worst. I scream to help, inhaling water that constricts my lungs.

An arm snakes around my waist. With a strong tug to my dress, Marcus sets me free. He pulls me back above water. I cough loudly when I breathe the fresh air into my lungs. He holds my face in his hands. "You're okay now." I nod, not able to speak with my coughs. With much care, he helps me out of the pool.