Day 1: Team MII

______________________________

"Be sceptical, but learn to listen." -Miguel Angel Ruiz

______________________________

The van took a turn to the right where the road isolated itself from the city structures and lights. The surroundings changed from a busy highway to an isolated road surrounded by trees; noisy intersection to the beautiful symphony of nature. The change of environment tells only one thing: they are far away from the city proper.

      Even though it is isolated up to the mountain, the road was flat and fixed. Solar powered streetlights can also be seen standing tall beside the pathway.

      "We've been on the road for almost 12 hours already!" A voice complained. "How far is this place, coach Marian? I'm bored! At this point we cannot enjoy the whole resort."

      Coach Marian replied, "Just a few more hours girls and we're already there. Why don't you play with your phone, Sheki, so that you won't get bored? Listen to music or something. I know you're not the only person in this van who's bored and tired. Help me out here, okay? I assure you, we are almost there."

      Sheki released a sigh after hearing their coach's reply.

      Alice raised her phone - searching for a signal. "Crap!" She exclaimed. "There's no signal here. I cannot access my data."

      "What SIM are you using?" Jamie asked. "Sun? Smart? TNT? TM? Because you won't be getting signal from them."

      Alice turned her body to face Jamie's direction, "Oh really? What sim are you using, Jamie?"

      "Globe." Jamie replied with a smile. "And my data is strong."

      "Really? Can you please let us connect? We are dying here, Jamie!" Alice exclaimed, followed by the rest of the members. "We—"

      "And I too don't have any signal. I lost it the moment we made that turn."

      The noise in the van vanished. Alice took a deep breath and exhaled. She turned her head to their coach and said, "Coach! Can you please open the door? I'm kicking out one of the members!"

      "What? No! I'm sorry!" Jamie giggled. "You didn't let me finish!"

      The silence came back. Everyone is tired and bored from the travel. They woke up 11 in the evening to get ready for the trip and then departed from the mansion at exactly 12 am. It's almost lunch yet they are still on the road. They wanted to stop over some areas along the way, however their coach said they can only stop over to refill gas or to go to the comfort room. They never really got the time to visit some areas that are popular on the way to the resort. To add, due to the traffic, their travel time doubled. Their 6 hour travel turned 12 because of the traffic along the way.

      "Why didn't we just took the plane to get there?" Andi spat. "It would be the easiest way to arrive at the resort."

      "It's an exclusive resort so we don't really know the way, Andi." Cole replied.

      "They can fetch us from the airport?"

      "Or," Dana's head emerged from the side, "we can just follow the instructions of the hotel manager, yes? I understand that we are all bored and all but like what coach said, we're almost there."

      Andi rolled her eyes. "That's what she said 2 hours ago, Dana."

      "You're just hungry, Andi."