Day 2: Team NIV

______________________________

"The most dangerous person is the one who listens, thinks and observes." -Bruce Lee
______________________________

Abby abruptly woke up from her sleep. She looked around her and saw her teammates fast asleep. The ride towards the resort was fast and out of the norm. It seems like they were in a hurry to reach their destination. It alarmed her – triggering a strange feeling within her guts.

      This is strange, Abby thought. Her attention landed on their coach who was seated next to the driver. She saw her meeting her gaze through the rear-view mirror. Their coach just smiled at her, then averted her attention.

      Team NIV was supposed to go to the resort after one week, but their dancing coach woke them up an hour before midnight to tell them to get ready. It was a sudden announcement, thus, the girls only packed what they think is necessary for the trip. They didn't get to ask their questions to their coach since she said she will explain everything when they arrive to the resort.

      A scream was heard in Abby's head. Her hands trembled. She clenched her right hand into a fist while her left hand clenched it tight to stop it from shaking. "Calm down, Abby. Calm down." She whispered. Her breathing went fast – almost hyperventilating.

      "Abby?" Jem stretched her body and rubbed her eyes, "You okay?"

      Just then, the trembling stopped. Abby turned her head towards her friend. She gave her an assuring smile, "O-Of course, what made you ask that?"

      "Did you have a nightmare or something?"

      Abby giggled. "Something like that. I'm a grownup yet I still experience getting bad dreams." She stretched her neck from left and right, "Sorry to wake you, Jem."

      "It's fine." Jem looked around. They were travelling fast. She fears that they might get into an accident if the driver won't slowdown. "Where are we now and why are we travelling so fast?"

      Before Abby can answer, "Darn it!" A complain was heard that was seated ahead of them. "There's no signal!"

      "Lower down your voice, Coco." Ecka said, disciplining her friend. "You can connect to my hotspot if you want?"

      "Really? Thank you, mommy!" Coleen exclaimed, hugging the latter.

      "Someone's awfully noisy." Brei spat, messing her hair. "Can't sleep because of her noise. Wow, she's small but her voice is as big as those of a big mouth."

      Coleen's head turned towards the latter. "Shut up, Brei." She spat, throwing raspberries at her.

      "You seem lively back there, girls." Coach Angel said. The noise stopped when she spoke. Coach Angel is the strictest coach MNL48 ever had. Just a mention of her name sometimes give them the shivers. She isn't a person they should mess up with.

      "How far is this resort, coach?" Aly asked.

      "Not far from now. Let's say an hour more or two."

      A whine followed. "That long? I badly need to go to the comfort room coach. I cannot hold it in." Dani said, the heel of her feet tapping the floor in a quick pace.

     "Just try to hold it in, okay Dani? We're almost there. I promise."

     Jem opened her phone. It was almost 7 in the morning. She yawned for a bit before proceeding to use her gadget. She saw her signal bars dropped to an X mark.