Chapter 37

Grimuth collides with the volcano as the brothers combined their powers against him; even with the dark gods empowering him, he knew that the battle will be a close call.

Chase landed on a smooth golden floor, he stood and looked around, everywhere was made out of pure shiny gold; he figured that he was now in the realm of the gods, in a palace to be precise; several golden thrones sat in a semi-circle not too far away. Kelpas appeared behind him with a smile on his face.
“What do you think you’re doing?” Chase asked.
Kelpas raised his hands saying, “Fulfilling my destiny”
A flash of lightning streaked through the palace and they both faced the throne. Now sitting on the thrones were several gods and goddesses; Chase didn’t know how, but he seemed to know all their names. The King of the gods was visibly annoyed.
“Kelpas Aleaxetris, you again”, Celereth spoke out.
Kelpas walked forward and spoke, “You have hidden in this realm, hiding from me, but your era has reached its end; how shall we have this? Do I need to take your powers forcefully or will you give it willingly?”
“Why don’t you come and die?” Xer – the king of the gods – asked and stood in anger.
The other gods stood and prepared for battle; with what Chase could see all these gods held the highest office and most power. But, Chase teleported himself in between them; he faced Kelpas in an attempt to stop him.
“You are insane if you think am going to stand aside and watch as you gain more power” he said.
Kelpas only laughed, 
“And how do you expect to stop me?” with that Kelpas shot a wave of telekinetic energy and blasted Chase aside, "...Now where were we?”
*
|60 minutes later...|

The bodies of dead gods laid around him and only Xer was alive; Xer crawled towards his throne and rested against the stairs below it as kelpas walked closer to finish him off.
“You know, I wondered exactly what made the gods so special, and I found out that there is nothing; you are all nothing but a bunch of overpowered creatures” he held Xer at the scruff of his neck, "...That power is all I need, Xer, and I will attain it, even if it means ripping it out of your corpse”.
“Do your worst Kelpas, but you can never become the most powerful by increasing your own power, to be the most powerful, you need to be made for it”.
“I was made for power” he stuck his hand right through Xer’s chest.
Xer gave a weak chuckle,
“Are you so sure?” as the words left his lips, his form dissolved into a gold dust and was blown away.
Kelpas stood victorious…
**
Ralnor transformed back to his human form and landed on Grimuth’s back; Grimuth tried to shake his off but the Drengrin wasn’t going to fall off that easily. He jumped at the dragon’s neck and conjured a sword out of thin air. He sliced through Grimuth’s tough scales all the way, till there was nothing else to cut. Grimuth’s roars could be heard through the lands.
The sky was as red as blood; the ground littered with corpse from btoh sides. Grimuth’s body fell and landed with a force capable of leveling a mountainside.
The brothers hovered over his injured body.
“No, no, no, grant me the power to finish this”, His dark voice rumbled, but there was no answer…
*
With a thud, they both landed in Azrott; Kelpas threw him to the side as the dark gods came forward towards them.
“You did a good job Kelpas, now, take the Aeon’s power and release us from the connection we share with Azrott”, Daemeon said as the rest of the dark gods came closer. 
Kelpas stretched his hand toward Chase and a blinding light covered the dark realm.
*******

The light vanished as Chase fell to the floor, weak; Kelpas stood tall, power coursed through his veins; he had taken the power from the Aedens, the gods but still this new power was intoxicating; he could feel the very folds of existence, he could now feel what true power was.
“Kelpas” Daemeon said walking closer, “...it is time for you to set us free".
Kelpas faced him; he knew he now has the power to defeat them all, if he did, no one would be powerful enough to stop him, not even the embodiment of chaos itself, Azrott.
Kelpas stretched his hand to the dark gods, “I have no need for you any longer... ", a blast of purple light was released and the dark gods screamed in pain, they all floated in front of him as he drained them of their essence and power, “...Yes, yes, yes” their bodies fell to the cold floor and they vanished in a cloud of purple smoke.
*
Grimuth roared in pain as his connection with the dark gods was severed; the brothers took that chance and attacked while he was still regaining his strength…
*
Kelpas shouted triumphantly, he released a bolt of lightning, “Come forth Azrott, and face your demise”, he was now about to release Azrott so that he could conquer him, the last opposition.
Chase stood up, he would never let Kelpas gain this much power.
“Kelpas!” he shouted and Kelpas looked back at him, “...I won’t let you do this”.
“How are you still alive? You are not even an Aeon anymore, you couldn’t defeat me when you had the power and you can’t defeat me now”
“You forgot, I was made from power...”, he stretched his hand to Kelpas and shouted out, “...Come to me, my Legion”, cracks appeared all over Kelpas’ body and a beam of light was projected from his chest; the beam hit Chase’s hand and all the essence Kelpas ever devoured escaped back into the universe from whence it came; the light expanded in intensity, blinding everything in the realm.
*
A blinding light coursed through all of Maregere, the light transcended every realm and pocket dimension within Maregere.
*
Chase stood in front of the weakened Aeden; Kelpas’ body flaked away as the excessive amount of energy gnawed at him.
“How? I…I had everything” The Dark Lord’s voice stuttered.
“You had the power, yes, but you forgot, absorption magic is always blind to what it absorbs, I didn’t just pass my essence to you, no, I gave you the essence of every Aeon that has ever lived; all I did was to call it back to myself, pulling out such a powerful thing is not hard, but the fact that you mixed the essence of all Aeons with that of the Aedens, gods and dark gods within you… you were doomed by your own actions".
“I am immortal, you can’t stop me, your father couldn’t, I will be back” Kelpas swore.
“I am not my Father”, with that, Chase blasted the dying Aeden, splitting his atoms apart.
Chase proceeded to teleported every single atom to every corner of the known and unknown realms of Maregere.
“Let’s see you get back from every corner of existence”, An effort that made it impossible for Kelpas to reconstruct himself; Chase stood victorious. The realm of Azrott shook as a powerful earthquake shook the realm of Maregere; Azrott without anchors now tried to gain access to the physical realms.
Seeing the looming danger, Chase focused all his will upon the energies around him, with a his focused mind, he undid the destruction of the dark gods and Azrott was once more anchored to the realm of Azrott.
The dark gods couldn't believe their eyes, "What...what happened?" Hashrott asked in confusion.
Chase didn't answer as he teleported himself to the realm of the gods; he pulled their essence that had returned to the universe back and recreated the gods.
While Xer and the others were still trying to understand what had transpired, Chase was already gone.
He appeared back at the altar in Erevale; with a blast of magic from every aeon before him, the god stones were destroyed; this closed the portal and a wave of energy swept through the lands, destroying all screechers and releasing all beasts that worked for Kelpas.
Grimuth's body was suddenly pulled away into thin air.
The fortress of doomvanished in an instant and the sun graced the realm with his radiance.
The army roared with joy and rejoiced that the war has been won.
Chase landed in the palace courtyard; the brothers landed in front of him as well.
“’tis unbelievable, how…how did you…” Aranor found it hard to believe 
“I had help from friends and allies”, Chase answered with a smile
“Is he…” Ralnor asked.
“Yes” Chase interrupted the question with a quick answer, “He will never hurt anyone again”.
“I am glad you figured it out” Haemir said and the brothers pulled him into a hug.
“Good to have you back boy”.
“Chase?” the voice came from behind them and they looked back and saw Hycis as she ran towards them in happiness; Chase met her midway and they were lost in each other’s arms.