Chapter 2

you're a total distraction

and ya won't let go of your hold on me

you kill my mind

~kill my mind by the tommo :D

~~~~

"Harry?"

Blonde hair. Messy and wavy. Falling all around her face and shoulders.

"Harry?"

Blue-gray eyes. Deep and mysterious. But also vibrant. Like a storm.

"Harold!! Wake up, will ya?"

I shook my head, blinking rapidly as I came out of my daydreaming.

"Sorry lads. I'm a bit distracted today," I said, my voice sounding foggy to my own ears. 

"Distracted, are ya? We couldn't tell," Louis replied, the sarcasm waking me up even more. "We've got a show to put on in less than a couple hours. We don't have time for ya to doddle."

"Alright, alright, I get it. I'm ready now." I sat up straighter and adjusted my seat, scooting closer to the three guys in front of me. Louis rolled his eyes as I adjusted and I glanced at Niall, who was staring at me intently. I looked back at him.

"What?" I finally said. 

Niall continued to stare at me, his crystal blue eyes piercing into my soul.

"He wants to know what's distractin' you," Liam put in.

Niall nudged him, saying, "I can speak me own mind, thanks."

"I'm just . . . distracted, that's all," I said weakly. They continued to stare me down and I cleared my throat. "Okay, which song's next?"

"AHA!" Niall said, leaping from his seat. Liam's drink was instantly knocked over and cola spilled across the table. 

"NIALL YOU-"

"Shhh," Niall interrupted him, putting his hands out. "Wait." Liam grumbled as he began to wipe up the mess with a nearby towel. I grabbed another one and started to move papers out of the way as the liquid spread across the surface. "It's a girl, isn't it?"

My head shot up. "What do you mean, it's a girl?" Liam asked.

"Yeah, what are you bloody on about?" Louis added.

I quickly looked down and continued to wipe up the mess. 

"So it IS a girl!" Niall said, bouncing lightly on the balls of his feet. A bright smile lit up his face. I kept my head down, ignoring him.

"Niall, what are you talking about?" Louis asked. 

"Harry knows, don't ya Harry. Why don't ya tell-"

"Lou, are you gonna help, or are you gonna just sit there?" I interrupted him. 

"Well, I would help, but I'm curious about this girl. Is it true? IS there a girl?" Louis said, trying to make eye contact. I focused on the table and tried to suppress the heat I could feel rising up my neck and face.

"There is! There is! Look at him!" Niall chanted. I shot him a glare. Louis reached down and snatched the towel from me. Drips of dark soda fell from the towel to the carpet.

"C'mon, fess up."

"Lou, you're making a mess," I replied, reaching for the towel. He held it up higher. I started to laugh as his 5'8" frame tried to keep something from my 6'0" one. I easily retrieved the towel and resumed my task of wiping up the mess. They all sat there, watching me. I looked up finally, chucking the soaked towel at Niall's face.