Chapter 9

i'll be there for you

like i've been there before

i'll be there for you

cuz you're there for me too

~i'll be there for you, theme song from FRIENDS :D

a/n: this chapter has a lot of nostalgic vibes and i've been watching a lot of FRIENDS lately... enjoyyyyyyyyy <33

~~~~

"Yes," I replied, rolling my eyes slightly, "everything's fine."

"You're sure?"

"I'm positive! Why do you ask every time you call?" I set the phone down so I could still see the screen as I yanked my hair out of its bun.

"'Cause he wants ya to say ya miss him!" Louis' voice came ringing out from the other end. I chuckled as Harry's face turned a slight shade of pink.

"Shut it, Lou," Niall chided, "can't ya tell he's tryna have a private conversation?"

"It's Sam," Liam stated.

"Yeah, she probably wants to talk to all of us," Louis replied, his face coming into view on my small screen, a cheesy grin spread across it.

"I definitely want to talk to all of you," I continued to laugh, running my hands quickly through my hair.

"Yeah, well, I don't," Harry responded, walking into a different room and leaving the three rowdy boys behind. He let out a sigh, rubbing his hand over his face. "I'm so sorry, what were we talking about?"

"Me missing you," I winked.

He chuckled softly, "Right, that." I picked my phone back up, sitting down on the pristine white loveseat. I glanced around his apartment, tucking my legs and bare feet up onto the couch I was lounging on. My gaze traveled to the kitchen countertop and I was pulled into a recent memory.

I slowly woke up, rubbing my eyes. I stretched my limbs and accidentally pushed hard on the fabric behind me. I flopped ungracefully off of the couch and collided roughly with the ground.

"Ouch," I mumbled, scratching my head. I stood up too quickly and had to hold onto the couch for balance as the blood rushed from my head. I took in my surroundings, remembering the pint of ice cream and Harry's blanket from the night before. I checked his bedroom only to find it empty. He must've left for his flight already.

I was about to head out the door before I noticed a white piece of paper standing out against the dark, marble countertop. Curiosity guiding my actions, I picked it up and read the scrawled handwriting.

*Samantha,

I just realized I don't know your last name. You should really tell me that. Also, I'm sorry I wasn't able to say bye before I left. I had to leave really early and I didn't wanna wake you up. We both know you can be extremely grumpy in the morning.

I know you had a rough night last night and I had a lot of time to think about your situation. I've told the manager that you will be staying in my apartment for the next couple of months and I've already had it all arranged for your luggage from your previous apartment to be transferred to mine. It should arrive sometime this afternoon. I hope you don't mind. I figured it would be tough for you to pay for a hotel for the next couple of months, especially because you are currently searching for a job, and no one was going to be using my apartment anyway.

Don't sleep on the couch. You and I both know that won't result in a goodnight's sleep and I changed the bedsheets before I left. Seriously. Do not sleep on the couch. It will be going against every stubborn instinct you have, but I believe you can do it.