Hatch Day / No More Doubts

OK. So I was going through my previous stories and reading the comments, and reread the comments under 'Dreams of Doubt'. You guys wanted a followup of that story to see what the chick would look like. Well, you asked and I have delivered. I hope you guys like this.

I'd also like to clarify, that Swift and Penny are adults, around mid-twenties.

--

"Today feels different." Swift thought as he sat on the bed he shared with his mate. He looked down at her as she began to wake up. He smiled when their eyes met when she looked up at him.

"Good morning, Pen." He greeted before nuzzling her. She nuzzled back with a giggle.

"Good morning, Swift." She greeted back. She soon had a blank confused expression. Swift noticed.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I don't know. I just got this strange feeling." She replied as she sat up and looked at him.

"You too, huh?" he asked.

Penny tilted her head at that.

"I got up with this feeling that something's going to happen today." he told her.

"Yea, that's what it feels like." Penny replied. "Wait! You don't think..." She turned to look at the egg.

Swift's eyes widened before looking towards the egg as well.

"You... you really think today's the day?" He asked.

"Well... the feeling isn't a bad one, is it?" Penny asked.

"Well... no," Swift replied.

Penny smiled. "Then what else could it be?"

Swift chuckled before flying over to the egg. He picked it up and flew back over to Penny and handed her the egg. She took it and gently placed it on the bed in front of her as Swift went and sat next to her. They both stared at the egg expectantly.

"You know, if today really is the day, we don't really know when it's going to hatch. It could be anytime soon or later." Swift stated.

"I know. But one of us has to stay with it to know when it's time." Penny replied.

"Right. You stay, I'll make us breakfast. Call me the moment something happens." Swift stated then kissed her cheek.

Penny giggled. "Of course!" She beamed.

When he left the room, Penny let out a heavy sigh before looking back at the egg with a somewhat sad smile.

"Oh, my little one. I really hope you have some features of your father. I know he still subconsciously doubts that you're really his. It hurts that he thinks that, but I understand where he's coming from. It shouldn't have been possible for us to have you, but we did. I really hope you have something from him to remove his doubts." She said to the egg as she gently rubbed it. Right after she said that, the egg shook. Penny gasped and pulled her arm away in surprise. "Did... did you just move?"

The egg shook again. Her eyes widened.

"SWIFT!" She yelled

With Swift, after leaving the room

Swift flew into the kitchen and took out a serving tray, a bowl and two cups from the cupboard. He placed the bowl and cups on the tray before taking out a bag of sunflower seeds, a box of kelp juice and a box of lemonade. All the while he was doing this, he was deep in thought.