Meeting the Gran(d)s

Followup to previous snippet "Hatch Day/No More Doubts"

Remember, Swift and Penny, are in their mid-20s and have their own home. 

---

Penny stood in front of their video phone as it rang, waiting for the calls to be answered.

After a few rings, one of the recipients answered with a greeting as two penguins appeared on the left side of the screen. They were Penny's parents, Phil and Priscilla.

"Hi mom, hi dad." She greeted her parents. They were more than happy to see her.

"Penny, dear! It's great to see you!" Her mother happily exclaimed.

Before Penny could reply, two bluejays appeared on the right side of the screen, also greeting upon answering the call. They were Swift's parents, James and Rosanne.

"Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Bluejay." Penny happily greeted them.

"Penny! It's so good to see you." Rosanne exclaimed. "And Phil and Priscilla are here too. It's good to see you two." She greeted the penguin couple.

"It's good to see you and James as well, Rosanne," Priscilla replied.

"And I'm glad to see all of you," Penny said to get their attention.

"Is everything ok, Penny?" Phil asked. "You don't usually call all of us at once."

"Yea, everything's fine. Swift and I just wanted to talk to you about something." Penny replied.

Both couples got a little worried and suspicious since the young couple only contacted them when they needed help with something.

"Oh, ok. So, where is Swift?" James asked.

"One moment." Penny turned away from the screen. "Swift! I got our parents on the line!" She yelled out.

"Ok! Be right there!" Swift replied from the other room.

A few seconds later, Swift flew into the room and stood in front of the screen next to Penny with Miracle in his wings.

"Hi mom, dad, Mr. and Mrs. Penguin." He happily greeted

The two older couples gasped in surprise shock.

Penny giggled. "Surprise!" She exclaimed to them.

"It... it hatched? The egg finally hatched?!" Priscilla excitedly exclaimed with a bit of a squeak in her voice.

Penny and Swift smiled and nodded.

"When?" Rosanne asked with an excited tone.

"This morning," Swift replied as he looked down at the chick in his wings. She was looking at the screen with wide-eyed fascination.

"And you didn't call us right away?!" Rosanne exclaimed a little hurt.

"Mom, we needed time to process and get to know our daughter." Swift replied.

"You're right. You're right, Swift dear. I'm sorry." Rosanne apologized.

"She is soo cute!" Priscilla excitedly exclaimed.

"She sure is." Phil agreed. "At first glance she looks like a penguin, but you can see she has both penguin and bluejay features."