Prologue

"Oh God, this cannot be happening." I mumble to myself, biting my fingernail as I stop scrolling down my Facebook feed and reread the post to double check, even though I know I haven't misread it.

"What?" Chloe asks from the kitchen bench, and then I hear the muffled footsteps as she walks toward me.

"Did you see this?" I ask, pointing at my screen with my freehand. She's quite for a moment as she reads, and then I hear her sigh a soft 'oh.' I finally pull my thumb out of my mouth as I close my laptop and put it away. I can't keep looking at the photo of him that they'd posted to announce the fact that he would be coming back home to perform for the New Year's event.

I look at Chloe who's leaning over the back of the couch and already staring at me, concerned. "We don't have to go."

"We already bought tickets, and it's a tradition." I don't want to put her out, and change our plans so last minute, but I can't help but feel sick at the idea of seeing him.

"Yeah, but if you don't want to go, then I can sell the tickets or something. It's fine." She says earnestly.

"No, no it'll be okay." I say, brushing her off, trying to convince myself more than I am trying to convince her. "Chances are he won't be around long enough to even see me, being a busy popstar and whatever."

Chloe still looks concerned, so I get up and walk into the kitchen, just to avoid her gaze. I'm sure it'll be fine, I mean what are the chances that Harry Styles will actually stay around at his hometowns dumb New Year's Party long enough to find me? Close to zero. No, I'm not going to avoid the one thing I've been looking forward to for weeks, just because he decides to show his face here for the first time in years. I'm going to go, and I'm going to have fun, and I'm going to try and forget about him, and everything he's put me through the past few years. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

yooo, here's another one. sidetone: this is based like, at the start of 2018, but besides that this is just a lil bit of fun, and it's not real and nothing matters  ✌🏻