6. Book Store And Tea

[ Sunday ]

For the first time in this whole week, you felt happy and super energetic. The weather was bright and so was your mood. It didn't look like it was gonna rain. You were out on the street, walking towards the nearest book store. It had been days since you did anything for your entertainment. Earlier, you couldn't make up enough money to buy a Netflix subscription, but now that you had joined Kyojin Corporation, you could spend money on such things.

You had completed all the work given by Levi yesterday, leaving you with absolutely no work to do on Sunday. That was why you were planning on dedicating this day to self-care. Today's 'To Do List' included things like reading, cleaning, waxing, getting Netflix and stuff. This was literally the first time you were going to do such things. The past years of your life had been so rough and busy that you never even had time to think about such things.

Also, you had successfully avoided meeting Reiner on Friday because he had some urgent work to do and you were busy too. Although, he never stopped texting. Petra had been acting bitchy around you ever since your first day. Mikasa reckoned that Petra was just jealous that Reiner texted you and not her.

I don't understand what she's so jealous of. I mean she has a lot more fans than me, you thought.

Shrugging you walked on and spotted the book store. For some reason, the word book store reminded you of Levi. Now that you thought of him, it was becoming difficult to ignore Levi. You would constantly find yourself gazing at him, admiring his perfect features. You wished you could stare at him for hours without looking like a creep. Lately, you had even started wishing that he wore a little less clothes. He was always dressed in full sleeve shirts or suits, making you wonder what his arms would look like.

However, the two of you were always at odds. You were usually pissed at him because he made you feel so drawn and addicted. There was just something different about him which was making you feel attracted all over again. The way he talked to you, the way he used to swear, the way he looked at you...

Stop thinking about him! That man ruined your life, (F/n). He left you in the dark! He's toxic, he's heartless, he's probably a fuckboy. Just stop thinking about that bastard, you scolded yourself.

"(F/n)!" you heard someone say. Looking to your side, you saw Reiner sitting inside his Lamborghini.

Damn, he's so rich. But something just doesn't feel right about him.

"H-hi," you muttered, forcing a smile and cursing the Gods for making you cross paths with him.

"I'm really sorry I didn't have much time this Friday," he said while his hazel eyes scanned your body, making you feel a little conscious about your clothing.

What does he even like about me? My dumb fashion sense?, you thought, giving him a look.

"It's fine, I don't mind at all."

"How about I make up with a treat?" he asked. "Where would you like to go? Rose Restaurant?"

Okay, so Rose Restaurant was five star restaurant and also the most expensive one in this city.

"Um, I'd love to but- "

"Hey! (F/n)!" you heard Hanji's voice from nearby. Soon, the brown haired woman was beside you with her hand around your shoulder.

"Hello Mr Braun, how are you?" she greeted cheerfully, her attitude matching the weather.

"I fine, Zoë. How about you?" he asked formally, not sounding as enthusiastic as Hanji.

"I'm happy as ever! However, I'm afraid I might be disturbing you two. (F/n) and I have some important work to do," she passed him an apologetic smile.