7. The Necklace

[ Thursday ]

It was a fine, normal morning, except for the fact that you had not completed the work given by your boss because of getting too caught up with a video game last night. You just hoped Levi wouldn't ask for it.

Right now, you were chit chatting with Eld. You didn't have much morning energy since you slept really late last night, all because of the new game. You loved this game mainly for it's heavenly graphics and all sorts of guns, making it seem almost real.

"Petra really wants to go to the party with me, but I think I have someone else on my mind," Eld continued without breaking eye contact; he was rather talkative.

"Um, what party?" you asked, having absolutely no idea what he was talking about.

"Wait, you don't know about the party? Didn't anyone tell you?" he interrogated, looking surprised.

"Someone might have but I guess I wasn't paying much attention," you muttered, mentally facepalming. You had started being a lot more dreamy now-a-days and would often find yourself daydreaming about a particular ravenette.

"Well, since Mr Zachary and Smith want their employees to like their job, they sometimes gives us a weekend to relax and enjoy. You could call it a little night out rather than a party," he said. "The Accountants are always invited. Anyways, there's still more than a month to that."

Dhalis Zachary was the CEO of this company.

"Oh. It is even funded by them?"

"Always," Eld smiled a little. "That's the only reason why I love working here."

"That's not really nice, you know. The employees should work hard if they're that nice to us," you said in a thoughtful.

"Oh, dear (F/n)," he ruffled your hair, messing up your bangs, which annoyed you to a great extent. "You really have morals, huh?"

"Stop fooling around, Jinn," Levi scolded, appearing out of nowhere, making you and Eld almost jump. Eld quickly retracted his hand away from you head.

"S-sorry, Boss," he apologized before hurrying down the corridor. Before you could sneak back into your office, he stopped you with his sharp voice.

"(L/n)."

"Yes?"

"In my office, now," he commanded before leaving for his office. He had probably returned from the cafeteria after drinking his morning tea. You muttered a tired yes before taking your stuff and following him.

After entering the ever so clean office, you nervously sat down on the chair in front of his. He might not be in a bad mood, but he always looked scary and unfriendly. However, a beautiful kind of scary.

"W-why don't you smile a little? A lot of people will like you if you do that," you said out of nowhere with nervousness clear in your voice.

Levi was a little surprised by this but he replied anyways, "What do you mean by like?"

"Um, everyone will refer to you as a nice boss instead of hating you behind your back," you fiddled with your fingers.

"So you hate me?"

"No! Of course not. I'm talking about others who don't understand your good intentions and just think that you like scolding them for no reason," you said defensively.

So she thinks I'm a good boss?, Levi absentmindedly wondered.

"Whatever. Do I look like I care about their opinion?" he asked, making you look at him. He looked really bored.