10. Fever

[ A few days later, after work ]

You stood outside the basement parking, waiting for that sleek black car. It arrived in a few moments, zooming smoothly and effortlessly through air. Strange as it may sound, his car resembled his personality.

You got so busy in admiring his car that you didn't notice it had stopped for you. He rolled down the glass, "Did you get a paralysis attack?"

"...No," you muttered, wondering where this came from.

"Then get in," Levi snapped with that signature poker face. You rolled your eyes and quickly sat beside him.

Next few minutes of the drive had been silent, including you sending Gunther something related to work on your phone. After that was done, you stared out of the window. "Where are we going?" you questioned, noticing that he wasn't going in the direction of his house. "Are you kidnapping me again?"

"No, you're not that amazing," he retorted, "We're going shopping because my wife is dying."

Your eyes widened and your heart skipped a beat, "Y-your wife?"

"Yeah, my dear Windex," he explained and you exhaled in relief. The thought of Levi being married to someone else almost broke your heart. "And Lysol too."

I wish I was Windex, you thought and then mentally slapped yourself for it.

He stopped by a convenience store named 'Titan Mart.' After parking his car carefully, he went inside with you and explained you his plan.

"You're the first person who plans before shopping," you muttered as he passed you a list of food items to buy.

"Shut up and listen. I've heard that only a few cup noodles are left. So, no matter what, bring them to me, even if it means killing someone," he said seriously, as if explaining a secret assassination mission or something. You rolled your eyes and went to buy the items on the list.

After about half an hour, you met him at the billing counter. He put the cleaning supplies in your cart and walked towards the empty lane.

The lady behind the counter smiled at him, batting her eyelashes and smiling through the dark red lipstick. She took her sweet time to bill everything and stared at Levi more than focusing on her work. Then she started talking to him, but you couldn't hear the conversation since you were standing pretty far away.

Stop flirting with my Lev- I mean my boss, you thought. You quickly walked closer, passing her small scowls every now and then, but she just ignored you like a background music.

You sighed in defeat and just decided to leave them alone. Suddenly, you saw something weird outside from one of the glass walls.

"Oh, no," you murmured under your breath and quickly shifted closer to Levi, muttering, "I'll be back in a minute."

He turned in your direction and saw you leaving the store. "Where are you going?" he asked. You didn't reply and just hurried outside, leaving him confused.

In the end, Levi had to put all the shopping bags inside the car all by himself, since you had ran somewhere. He sat down in the driver's seat and waited for you, tapping the steering wheel.

Minutes later, you were back with a... kitten. It was really small and fragile and it looked like it was about to die. A bloody handkerchief, which Levi identified as yours, as wrapped around its leg. You briskly opened the door and hopped inside, setting the black kitten on your lap.

"Get that filthy thing out of my car," he said flatly.

"What? Do you even have a soul? He's about to die!" you snapped, sending the short man a sharp scowl. "Start driving. We need to get home as soon as possible."