13. His Secret Keeper

[ Levi's office ]

Erwin inhaled deeply, stacking up the documents his short friend had provided him. "I'll discuss with Zachary," he added, looking at Levi who just gave a curt nod. They had been analyzing some recent financial reports together, half of which had been prepared by you. "You're making good use of (F/n). She probably wouldn't have worked this hard if it wasn't for you. Thanks, Levi. You're one of the best managers our company has ever had," the blonde smiled and the shorter male just rolled his eyes. Levi wasn't good at taking compliments.

This reminded Levi of their first meeting. Three years ago, he had met Erwin at a bar, where the ravenette had been desperately trying to get drunk. He had wanted to forget everything, to forget that he had any friends. The pain was too much for him to handle. When Erwin asked him about his story, he didn't reveal much and just told him that he was homeless.

When the blonde discovered that Levi was educated and had a degree, he decided to give him a little chance of working at Kyojin Corporation for a month; during which, Levi proved his worth and he was offered the job. Ever since, he let work swallow his life so he wouldn't have time to think about his past. He had this job all because of Ervin and thus, he respected him.

"Whatever."

"By the way, I think it's time you confess," Erwin added with the elderly smile that Levi loathed.

"What are talking ab- "

"Don't play dumb. We all know it, Levi. You really like (F/n)."

He clicked his tongue and looked away, not understanding why his heart skipped a beat at hearing that. "Hanji has been filling your brain with shit," Levi snapped.

"See," the taller male sighed, standing up and heading towards the door. "I might not know your story and why you're so stony, but I do know that being alone won't help either."

This made Levi look at him, taking his words into consideration. Erwin exited the office, leaving him in a very thoughtful state. As far as he knew, Erwin's advises were based on experience and always worked. Maybe the man was right. Maybe Levi should confess...

His door opened without a knock and the angelic ginger entered, smiling. "Hey," Petra greeted, "It's been a while since we talked."

"Hm," he hummed shortly; Levi usually gave Petra one-worded answers. Not like it affected her; even if Levi didn't like her, it wouldn't change the fact that she was really popular.

Considering herself a VIP, Petra sat down in front of him without permission and started chatting about different people and things. The serious man found most of her talks meaningless, so he didn't pay much attention to her. Until...

"Wassup with you and (F/n)? Everyone talks about you two," she chuckled, leaning on her palm. That one name never failed to grab his attention.

"Nothing," he snapped, looking at his laptop to avoid her.

"Oh? I heard that you two are really clos- "

"She's nothing more than another bratty employee," he retorted, feeling tired of this. Why couldn't these people just stop talking about this? "If this is all you wanted to talk about then you can leave. I have shit-ton of work."

The ginger roller her eyes, "Have it your way." Although, he didn't notice her sly smirk before she left his office.

I need to start avoiding (F/n), or these assholes won't fucking stop their rumors, he decided. Little did he know how wrong that decision was.

*

"Um, he's been acting a little...weird lately," you told Mikasa and Armin. The conversation had started with work and then took a sudden turn to Levi. Now that you had helped Mikasa date Eren, she was dead set to help you date your crush.